G

goodshow1923

Jan 31, 2024
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 700-4

3. Big Red
Hey all. I’ve searched the forum for this question. Wasn’t able to find, specifically the answer. I see much advice for the newer units. With that said, is it safe and make sense to run wider tires in the back as compared to the front on an 09 model? Are the older machines designed for that? Will it ultimately hurt the differential? Was thinking something along the lines of 26-11-12 and 26-9-12. Also would spacers be needed with aftermarket wheels? I may have the opportunity to buy stock wheels from another machine. Thanks all

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Width isn't the issue that will cause issues with your driveline. Tire circumference is.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all. I’ve searched the forum for this question. Wasn’t able to find, specifically the answer. I see much advice for the newer units. With that said, is it safe and make sense to run wider tires in the back as compared to the front on an 09 model? Are the older machines designed for that? Will it ultimately hurt the differential? Was thinking something along the lines of 26-11-12 and 26-9-12. Also would spacers be needed with aftermarket wheels? I may have the opportunity to buy stock wheels from another machine. Thanks all

Our 700's all have posi and it's my understanding that the Big Red was the template for the Pioneer 700 that followed. Is the Big Red posi like the 700's?

G

goodshow1923

Jan 31, 2024
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 700-4

3. Big Red
Our 700's all have posi and it's my understanding that the Big Red was the template for the Pioneer 700 that followed. Is the Big Red posi like the 700's?
My understanding is that it is an open differential in 2WD

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
My understanding is that it is an open differential in 2WD
10-4

Try giving Rocky Mountain ATV a call. They can probably steer you in the right direction. I don't think minor spacers would hurt anything.

Reactions: goodshow1923