P1000 Tire size

Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I‘m going to get Terrabites for my ‘22 1000/5 Forest but I’m unclear on why I would get all the same size (27 x 10 x 14) Instead of the original sizes. If I keep the same rims I can’t rotate them so the wear issues still exists and I assume Honda did the different sizes for a reason. And if I want a spare I just get one the size of the front so it works all around, correct? What am I missing? And yes, I have gone through all the posts using the search function…
TIA

Last edited:
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
If you're planning to to go up a tire size or 2 on your stock rims with differing sized front and rear, don't forget the you will need to match these with the outside circumference being the same or you'll smoke the driveline considering the front and rear won't be matched. I looked at doing this and your options are extremely limited. Some rn the same size tire on the stock width rims without problem. Does that make sense?

Reactions: ODAMO and Bandman
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I‘m going to get Terrabites for my ‘22 1000/5 Forest but I’m unclear on why I would get all the same size (27 x 10 x 14) Instead of the original sizes. If I keep the same rims I can’t rotate them so the wear issues still exists and I assume Honda did the different sizes for a reason. And if I want a spare I just get one the size of the front so it works all around, correct? What am I missing? And yes, I have gone through all the posts using the search function…
TIA
Nothing wrong with staying with original sizes if that’s what you want.