Tire Slime

Scb888

Scb888

Mar 1, 2017
Kansas City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finishing up prep on my new 1000-5 LE for Moab, wanted to slime tires. Could not get any of the valve to screw out of the stems. Was pretty tired after 2 solid days of accessorizing....could be operator error.

Anybody slime their tires successfully? If so, any issues on the valve removal?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Elkhunter
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Finishing up prep on my new 1000-5 LE for Moab, wanted to slime tires. Could not get any of the valve to screw out of the stems. Was pretty tired after 2 solid days of accessorizing....could be operator error.

Anybody slime their tires successfully? If so, any issues on the valve removal?

have no idea what sliming tires is but would love to see pix of the LE

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
yes get a valve stem remover,then deflate tire.Only use about a quart or a little less in each tire........Some people will say it eats tires but there nutz......I have a TRX 300 that has had it in it for 10 years..I use the stuff in everything......It will fix a hole before you know you have one if its small....If the valve stems are too tight then hold them and turn stems counter clockwise.Just remember to tell the guy who replaces your old tires its in there or he will get a bath and be pizzed when he breakes the beads...:mad:

Scb888

Scb888

Mar 1, 2017
Kansas City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use it in all my off road and yard equipment. Even tried to remove valves with my ARB deflator which has a metal extractor, it would not catch it. Being a Nubbie on the Pioneer, thought I would check before I get aggressive! Thxs!

Reactions: JTW
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use it in all my off road and yard equipment. Even tried to remove valves with my ARB deflator which has a metal extractor, it would not catch it. Being a Nubbie on the Pioneer, thought I would check before I get aggressive! Thxs!

Besides slime what else ya doing? Love the look of those new LE's let's see her!!!