P700 Tire wearing

S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
The front right tire on my p7 is wearing. Its the outside edge of it. The drivers side still looks good. Any ideas on what this could be ?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.

Have you checked TOW in/out?
I dont have specs right now. But can get them In the morning.
Also. What year do you have?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
No I have not checked it. Not sure how. I have the stock tires on it

Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
The front right tire on my p7 is wearing. Its the outside edge of it. The drivers side still looks good. Any ideas on what this could be ?
Get a ruler and check your front end alinement . Mine was off almost 3/8 of an inch. Make sure your steering wheel is centered

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok.

There was issues with early models having weak frame and tweaking or ripping off the a-arms. That's silently been addressed by Honda. 2017 is good.

S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok.

There was issues with early models having weak frame and tweaking or ripping off the a-arms. That's silently been addressed by Honda. 2017 is good.

Do you know any good videos of how to check the tow in/out ?

advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok then that's out of the way. Well with only one tire chewing itself it can only be a few things. As stated above the welds have broken in quite a few machines over the years that have caused this. So first I would check the upper and lower a-arm mounts for signs of ripping away or cra racked paint or even a rusty crack starting. If this machine caught a stump or even had a couple ruffs days. The a-arm mounts tear away from the frame and could cause this.
Seconds check the tie rod adjusters to see if they may have loosened themselves up. A few machines in the past have done this.
If you are the only owner then you should know if the vehicle has hit any hard times or even a tie rod can get bent too. Also as stated above you can check the toe by just watching how to check toe in vids on the internet that will better explain it then me.... hope we helped a little... keep us posted.

Reactions: Mudwing
S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for the info. I will definitely check these things. But I am the first owner and have taken it easy with it. But my wife on the other hand she can be a little wild on that thing
Ok then that's out of the way. Well with only one tire chewing itself it can only be a few things. As stated above the welds have broken in quite a few machines over the years that have caused this. So first I would check the upper and lower a-arm mounts for signs of ripping away or cra racked paint or even a rusty crack starting. If this machine caught a stump or even had a couple ruffs days. The a-arm mounts tear away from the frame and could cause this.
Seconds check the tie rod adjusters to see if they may have loosened themselves up. A few machines in the past have done this.
If you are the only owner then you should know if the vehicle has hit any hard times or even a tie rod can get bent too. Also as stated above you can check the toe by just watching how to check toe in vids on the internet that will better explain it then me.... hope we helped a little... keep us posted.

Reactions: swsebek
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Here is another example as well,

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!