Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
At what point do you have to add the additional battery?
In the grand scheme of things, adding a second battery, an isolator, a solenoid/relay (Cole Hersee), a fuse box and a dual voltmeter is relatively inexpensive and something I would do immediately (I did). Not only will it be there "just in case", you're prepping your machine for future accessory additions. I'd rather install that now then try to retrofit it after I've added a bunch of lights, stereo, a heater (blower), USB charging ports, etc.. Just my $0.02 and ... welcome from MI. Love the white buggy!

If you're looking for direction, this video from our very own @RobSparre is an outstanding place to start.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats and welcome to the club from BC. Spend some time reading here and you will find a lot of excellent information on anything you want to do. Lot of smart people here. Good luck and have fun. Sweet ride!

B

Bigflats1000-5

May 1, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to take a moment and say hi! Just picked up a brand new 2021 on Friday.....Yes, it is brand new and a 2021. So far I have installed the Honda roof, SuperATV windshield and a rearview mirror. I know I want a winch and some type of stereo in the near future. Any recommendations for those two items is greatly appreciated (I have started to look at threads on those topics). My first question is this. At what point do you have to add the additional battery?
View attachment 353638
Looking good. Wish I would have went with the superatv windshield instead of the Honda one I ordered when I bought my machine.

J

jvd6137

Jul 28, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to take a moment and say hi! Just picked up a brand new 2021 on Friday.....Yes, it is brand new and a 2021. So far I have installed the Honda roof, SuperATV windshield and a rearview mirror. I know I want a winch and some type of stereo in the near future. Any recommendations for those two items is greatly appreciated (I have started to look at threads on those topics). My first question is this. At what point do you have to add the additional battery?
View attachment 353638
She's a beaut, Clark. I recently picked up my 2022 P1000-5 and can't get enough of it. Low 4wd is an animal when trail riding. Have fun, be safe and let's talk about adventures.

shanej1991

shanej1991

Sep 8, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking good. Wish I would have went with the superatv windshield instead of the Honda one I ordered when I bought my machine.
To be honest, the only reason I ended up with the SuperATV is that the dealership was out of the Honda ones. I drove 3 hours to get the machine and decided I hadn't spent enough money, so I purchased the roof (installed it in the parking lot), windshield and rear view mirror. But the parts guy highly recommended the SuperATV one.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
To be honest, the only reason I ended up with the SuperATV is that the dealership was out of the Honda ones. I drove 3 hours to get the machine and decided I hadn't spent enough money, so I purchased the roof (installed it in the parking lot), windshield and rear view mirror. But the parts guy highly recommended the SuperATV one.
He did you right!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 353638
Welcome from NW Louisiana.

#NTC

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!