Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like Piney Creek?

I love piney creek. My father still owns land on piney. I grew up there until about '93.

I hope to get back some day. Go Hogs!

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Yeah, and shivering like one in the winter lmao!
Actually, being right on the southern coastline, it doesn't get that cold here. Winters for the past 5 years have been much harsher back in AR. I'll bet that we didn't have more than 3-4 days that it was below 32 degrees for a full 24 hour stretch last winter. Only had two 1-3" snows that stayed on the ground for more than a few hours. Winter before that wasn't much worse. We did have one week where it got down into the teens at night. Our winter temps average around 35 degrees. Our summer temps rarely make it to the low 70s. Very moderate climate. If it wasn't for the wind, we would have nothing to complain about. Some of the locals complain about rain, but I lived in Ketchikan for two years. They haven't really seen rain. Ha! Until your annual rainfall is measured in feet, not inches, you haven't really experienced rain.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I love piney creek. My father still owns land on piney. I grew up there until about '93.

I hope to get back some day. Go Hogs!
Where at on Piney? I used to own 30 acres that was just about 4-5 miles away from Piney Creek.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Where at on Piney? I used to own 30 acres that was just about 4-5 miles away from Piney Creek.

I need to ask my father. It's been over two decades since I've been there. I remember it was lower than what was pictured here because we would water ski and beach the boat by the camp site.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Its the north fork of the Illinois river. It was our first time there and wow! You cant go wrong with cold running water!
That, the Buffalo and the White, all great rivers in NW Arkansas.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I've spent many weeks just me and some buddies on the buffalo. We would put in 5 days up river from the white which is where we take out. No motor, not much food, no cell service for a week but somehow we survived. I've got a lot of great memories from those trips. Thanks for bringing that up.

Reactions: Montecresto
J

Jshell3

I've floated the Buffalo about 5 times, myself. Nothing as adventurous as you guys... just 6 hour trips from the locals. Up around Harrison. Pruitt and Hasty.

Reactions: joeymt33
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've floated the Buffalo about 5 times, myself. Nothing as adventurous as you guys... just 6 hour trips from the locals. Up around Harrison. Pruitt and Hasty.

I think the area to be the nicest mountain/river scenery between the Mississippi and the Rockies.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Actually, being right on the southern coastline, it doesn't get that cold here. Winters for the past 5 years have been much harsher back in AR. I'll bet that we didn't have more than 3-4 days that it was below 32 degrees for a full 24 hour stretch last winter. Only had two 1-3" snows that stayed on the ground for more than a few hours. Winter before that wasn't much worse. We did have one week where it got down into the teens at night. Our winter temps average around 35 degrees. Our summer temps rarely make it to the low 70s. Very moderate climate. If it wasn't for the wind, we would have nothing to complain about. Some of the locals complain about rain, but I lived in Ketchikan for two years. They haven't really seen rain. Ha! Until your annual rainfall is measured in feet, not inches, you haven't really experienced rain.
Wow that sounds perfect! I can handle winter here but sometimes it does get bitterly cold especially in February. Spring is always welcome!
we use to go to the spring river (before kids) up by Hardy Ar every memorial day. We would go up on Wednesday and come back Monday float everyday, eat a little food, drink a bunch of beer! That's probably the coldest water ive been in around Arkansas. But man was it nice, not a care in the world and living for the moment.