Tracks for 2021 pioneer 1000 3 Good idea or bad idea?

D

Dan649

Nov 23, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking for tracks for 2021 Pioneer 1000 3 ? Suggestions and advice. TIA

Reactions: TxDoc
R

rickoshea

Looking for tracks for 2021 Pioneer 1000 3 ? Suggestions and advice. TIA
depends on your budget.also on the typical terrain you're most likely to be travelling.mountains? i'd try and retrofit some apache backcountry tracks.they have tall/aggressive lugs and are superior in really deep powder.if you're looking at fairly moderate terrain i'd go with camso utv 4s1's. essentially maintenance free and are 4 season tracks and don't have scratchers,so you can transition from snow to hard surface with no overheating issues.they have a shorter lug but i've never been stuck with mine other than straddling a log,no fault of the tracks,more driver error.and they steer way easier than the apache.mattracks are crazy expensive,and my neighbor has the polaris ones and isn't all that impressed with them,i think they have the camso track mated to their proprietary frames.keep in mind camso makes the rubber tracks for almost all the snow machines on the market.i'm waiting/hoping for them to market a more aggressive tread for the utv tracks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Our friend has Camso tracks on his pioneer1000. Loads it heavily, uses it for hunting and to get in/out of his house in the winter. I think he’s got around 7k on them with just minor issues, mainly the front sheer bolts that are made to break. He’s got over 27,000 miles on the machine so the Honda does hold up to them.

Reactions: tjoreo and TripleB
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have been running Camso multi use tracks for the last four seasons with no issues. We were running a full size Piston Bully snow cat previously. The Camso tracks are much less expensive to run, but have their limitations. Like a sled, fresh deep powder (especially over buried obstacles or tall sagebrush) are going to bury you. Side hilling is sketchy. Overall, they have exceeded expectations. Our use is mostly commuting and utility so they tend to be used on established and packed routes. Once in a while we will try to scare ourselves by trying something stupid, but they have pulled through some pretty nasty stuff if asked to. We have blown through snow over the headlights for short distances on several occasions .
The multi use tracks really shine during spring when having to traverse both mud and snow. We have a KRX in our shop just waiting for Camso to get a track kit developed for it. The purchase of tbe KRX was predicated on a verification from Camso that they were developing a track set up, but COVID was causing delays. So yeah, Camso works for us.

Like any track system, meticulous maintenance is a must.