P1000 Tracks for 2022 Pioneer 1000-5

P

Pioneerrider

Nov 9, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess Honda changed the A arms on the 2022 Pioneer 1000’s to make them stronger. Anyone heard about when the a-arm brackets might be available from Camso.

Also does anyone have any information about running tracks on Pioneers in the snow? Can’t really find much about it on YouTube or other searches. Curious about overall performance and power and just the overall mood about tracks? I have an opinion on tracks from running them on an ATV for years and a Yamaha UTV… but curious about Honda specific.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I guess Honda changed the A arms on the 2022 Pioneer 1000’s to make them stronger. Anyone heard about when the a-arm brackets might be available from Camso.

Also does anyone have any information about running tracks on Pioneers in the snow? Can’t really find much about it on YouTube or other searches. Curious about overall performance and power and just the overall mood about tracks? I have an opinion on tracks from running them on an ATV for years and a Yamaha UTV… but curious about Honda specific.
welcome from Ohio can't help on the tracks

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Welcome from south Florida

There's a few members on here running tracks, I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

In the mean time.......lets see some pics of your ride 👍 cause......pics or it didn't happen!!!

N

nsmitch

May 28, 2020
Spruce Grove, AB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run tracks on my 2019 -5. I find it best to run in low range as you do loose some torque and certainly speed. I may be because I did a wrap on my red plastic and that can slow you down(Ha!). Fuel consumption goes up too but it is really nice to get out and be able to sit with my wife and ride around. I use it to set x-country ski trails at the farm and to do winter log gathering for the mill. Overall, I like them. PS Don't get stuck and carry a shovel. Once you are high entered, you're going to be busy.
IMG 1694

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Curious myself about the difference in the front lower a arms. I know the front top ones are different . Did they change the lower ones as well. I make my own mounts for my machines . The price they ask for mounts is pretty steep IMO .The Pioneer 1000 does well with tracks . Fuel mileage does suck but every machine running tracks has this problem. Speed is reduced by half as well. Considering that with tires on I wouldn't beable to go anywhere plus being stuck with tires constantly it's way better /fun to just drive pretty much anywhere makes up for the extra gas being consumed. I have a set of Can Am 360 LTS that I'm running on my Pioneer 1000 . I've spent time on adding grease fittings into each of the bogie wheels /idler wheels and main drive wheels. This way I can grease 1 pump into each once a month or so depending on the snow conditions . I use my machine daily in the winter to take my dogs out for exercise plus fun for me. I have lots of trails on my property and keep them groomed to make it easier for me to ride around on and my neighbours love to come Ski on my trails as well. Gives me something to do .Winter is long usually 5 mths. I'll run tracks only when the snow starts getting to deep for the tires. I've been stuck once or twice and it's no fun having to dig yourself out . Pics of front and rear home made brackets.

IMG 3218 IMG 3244 IMG 3251

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Yup usually get stuck where no trees or anything close by . One thing is as soon as you start to spin stop .It's easier to dig out and pack a ramp when your not in to deep. Snow drifts blow snow into hollow spots and your in it before you know it. And of course you push it to see just how far you can go. This is usually why I've gotten stuck.

Last edited:
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there some reason you guys can't winch out when you get stuck on tracks? Is it just too stuck that you have to shovel (that seems odd) or were you just not around trees?
Dave
This is what can happed when you winch and have no clue..
this guy pulled the front a arm right off and split the rear bearing hub
The tracks add way more resistance to winching then the machine can handle
IMG 6886

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Dave
This is what can happed when you winch and have no clue..
this guy pulled the front a arm right off and split the rear bearing hub
The tracks add way more resistance to winching then the machine can handleView attachment 362910

Yeah, that makes sense, you certainly wouldn't want to winch when your track is wedged down in there and you're just torquing on it.
So, as the guy with the least amount of "snow" knowledge......I mean even if it wasn't stuck in snow I would never use an a-arm as a recovery point 🤷‍♂️.....maybe I'm wrong (highly possible according to my wife) but, besides the added weight, if your wench is strong enough it shouldn't be any different then being stuck in the mud, right?......you pull line, and give it some skinny pedal to help out. I see mud buggies stuck and wench out most times, ain't nobody pulling out the shovels to dig out a beast of a mud buggy.

Yes, I agree a shovel is a great tool to have cause like mentioned you never know when you just don't have anything around to hook to but, I would think the wench would still be the #1 tool to reach for "most" times.......we've even used sand anchors when there's nothing else around, I'm sure there's gotta be something similar for snow??

P

Pioneerrider

Nov 9, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious myself about the difference in the front lower a arms. I know the front top ones are different . Did they change the lower ones as well. I make my own mounts for my machines . The price they ask for mounts is pretty steep IMO .The Pioneer 1000 does well with tracks . Fuel mileage does suck but every machine running tracks has this problem. Speed is reduced by half as well. Considering that with tires on I wouldn't beable to go anywhere plus being stuck with tires constantly it's way better /fun to just drive pretty much anywhere makes up for the extra gas being consumed. I have a set of Can Am 360 LTS that I'm running on my Pioneer 1000 . I've spent time on adding grease fittings into each of the bogie wheels /idler wheels and main drive wheels. This way I can grease 1 pump into each once a month or so depending on the snow conditions . I use my machine daily in the winter to take my dogs out for exercise plus fun for me. I have lots of trails on my property and keep them groomed to make it easier for me to ride around on and my neighbours love to come Ski on my trails as well. Gives me something to do .Winter is long usually 5 mths. I'll run tracks only when the snow starts getting to deep for the tires. I've been stuck once or twice and it's no fun having to dig yourself out . Pics of front and rear home made brackets.

View attachment 362888 View attachment 362889 View attachment 362890
I’m not sure how they changed or if it’s upper and lower or what. I’m guessing the lower ones changed too since that’s where the brackets mount. I’m looking at the Camso 4s1 tracks and that’s just what the dealer told me about the A-arms. Nice work on the homemade brackets. I may try it as the tracks are in stock. He saidsometime in December the brackets could be available.

Excellent work on your cab! I really like that. Do you have more pics or info on what you did there? That is really outstanding.

H

HondaTech

I’m not sure how they changed or if it’s upper and lower or what. I’m guessing the lower ones changed too since that’s where the brackets mount. I’m looking at the Camso 4s1 tracks and that’s just what the dealer told me about the A-arms. Nice work on the homemade brackets. I may try it as the tracks are in stock. He saidsometime in December the brackets could be available.

Excellent work on your cab! I really like that. Do you have more pics or info on what you did there? That is really outstanding.

I'm not sure if they changed the lowers. Honda only sells the arm with a ball joint and the balljoint is different. So that may be why they say it won't fit 2021 and older models.

But they also say their A-arm guards are 2022 only.

Last edited:
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, as the guy with the least amount of "snow" knowledge......I mean even if it wasn't stuck in snow I would never use an a-arm as a recovery point 🤷‍♂️.....maybe I'm wrong (highly possible according to my wife) but, besides the added weight, if your wench is strong enough it shouldn't be any different then being stuck in the mud, right?......you pull line, and give it some skinny pedal to help out. I see mud buggies stuck and wench out most times, ain't nobody pulling out the shovels to dig out a beast of a mud buggy.

Yes, I agree a shovel is a great tool to have cause like mentioned you never know when you just don't have anything around to hook to but, I would think the wench would still be the #1 tool to reach for "most" times.......we've even used sand anchors when there's nothing else around, I'm sure there's gotta be something similar for snow??
No snow knowledge required! they used the winch on the front of quad until the line snapped. Then the beer took over the logic and they hooked to the trailer hitch and winched it backwards until things started breaking off. That's when I stumbled on them and gave the guy a ride home

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Welcome from the once great state of Michigan!

You didnt say, do u have a 22’ P1K?
if so Like @JenElio said…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!