HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I’m sorry but your blanket statement simply is not true. This is right from your link. Nearly all states say the exact same thing. It’s a spinoff from the Feds.

View attachment 418283

1, 3,4 apply to a great majority of non profit persons.

It’s exactly why I can jump into any Diesel pusher RV and drive any where in the US and not even being looked at. Same for loading up my GN horse trailer exceeding 26k and driving to California and back. No special license needed…period.
I think you're confused.

Perhaps you should read ALL of my link posted above again. You completely missed the point in your haste to prove me wrong.

"Unless prohibited by the Commercial Driver License Act, the holder of a valid driver license may drive all vehicles in the class for which that license is issued and all lesser classes except motorcycles.

Class of Non-Commercial Driver License

Class A, B, C, and M driver licenses are issued to individuals who are exempt from obtaining a commercial driver license (CDL) or who are not required to obtain a CDL.

NOTE: Individuals who are exempt from obtaining a CDL may still be required to obtain a Class A or B driver license if the type of vehicle driven meets the weight requirement for a Class A or B vehicle.

Individuals who are exempt from obtaining a CDL but may need a Class A or B driver license are:

• Operators of recreational vehicles driven for personal use
  • Some farmers who meet certain criteria
  • Operators of cotton-seed modules or cotton burrs
  • A fire-fighting or emergency vehicle operator
  • Military vehicle operators
  • Vehicles owned, leased or controlled by an air carrier
For more information on exemptions, please refer to the Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers Handbook.:

SUMMARY:

In Texas and some other states if you are driving a heavy vehicle or towing heavy as described in detail in the statute quoted above and are non-commercial you are exempt from obtaining a CDL BUT ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A CLASS A OR CLASS BE DRIVERS LICENSE.

You CANNOT drive a diesel pusher motorhome or tow heavy equipment on a gooseneck trailer in Texas and some other states unless you have a CDL or a non-commercial Class A or Class B Operators License.

A possible exception to the rule is farmers and farm hands operating within 100 miles of their farm can get away with driving just about anything on public roadways.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Almost bought a used little Kubota back in the day but even the subcompact would've been overkill for my needs. Ended up going with a used Dingo, 1/3 of the price, came with the bucket and grapple attachment. I added forks and it does everything I need it to do. Worked the hell out of it last year, using the forks I cut through a 3.5' high dirt hill that was full of rocks, concrete and stumps, like 10' x 60'. Then built a boulder wall with rocks that weighed way more than it's rated for, where there's a will... The hydraulics have more ass than the machine! I was so impressed with that little Toro that I added a used zero turn over the winter.
Representing the little guys.

Dingo 1Dingo GrappleTrailer Pad 1

Property LineRocks and SandZero TurnPlowing 1

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
A tractor, even a sub-sub compact tractor, is a handy tool if you do any kind of gardening or yard work.

Reactions: Mudder
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
We just hauled back 3 loads from the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville Kentucky yesterday. The large tractors we use are tiny in comparison to some of the tractors that were on display there. Anyone make the show?

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!