Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My new to me tractor has so many safety features, I having issues, I'm used to living on the edge with my 51 8N.
The 51 8 N'S are dangerous as well as others, just couldn't or wouldn't afford a newer tractor. I finally got over that. No coupon book with this one, it's mine!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
And how it works, does it lean out the fuel or enrich it?
It uses heat from the engine to burn up soot collected in the DPF. Depending on the machine and process, it uses more fuel during regen to run the motor @ higher RPMs to raise temps.

I wonder if it would hurt anything to delete this system and if you can?
Sure you can delete. But in the case of on-road vehicles it's against federal and some state laws. No idea what the laws are for tractors and similar.

From a few years ago (not sure how it all played out as I stopped following thier show after I sold my SD):

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Think of the regen process like a high powered fart after eating those super hot peppers. A normal fart isn't to bad. Heat is low, if any and the smell won't kill you. But the hot pepper fart, which comes about 12 hours later must produce a lot more pressure and lot more heat to burn that sh?t off. And as Jackal said, the smell from the process produces a real nasty smell and sometime taste. But, by going through this process your keeping your system clean and ready for the next hot pepper eating. Also, keep in mind, as the unit ages it tends to keep back pressure on the exhaust system from partical build up. When this happens you may need to have you pipe cleaned.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same here… my crap rolls coal when im working them, real hard.

My family went IH when AC went belly up. The 706 in the video below was bought used when I was ten. I’ve baled thousands a thousands of bales with it. It’s got 7000 hours on the original motor and still runs strong.

as stated before the dpf works pretty close to what a diesel pickup does. As long as your working it hard from time to time it shouldn’t be an issue until the dpf needs to be replaced.
Yep back when they made stuff we have 71' 4320 jd 8900hrs Dad got in 85' rebuilt fuel pump once. Just wish cab was a little quieter

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Your tractors dpf filter effectively gives it a menstrual cycle every time it regen's and your filter is clean it's hot to trot as you use it, it slowly plugs until it needs to regen again, when it's young it works just fine it's best to just leave it alone as it ages it cost more and more to maintain at some point the filter will be to plugged up to be cleaned with a regen cycle and at that point it's best to give it a hysterectomy

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Your tractors dpf filter effectively gives it a menstrual cycle every time it regen's and your filter is clean it's hot to trot as you use it, it slowly plugs until it needs to regen again, when it's young it works just fine it's best to just leave it alone as it ages it cost more and more to maintain at some point the filter will be to plugged up to be cleaned with a regen cycle and at that point it's best to give it a hysterectomy
I had three crashes yesterday before the tree fell over is 12 inches through the trunk, I was amazed.
IMG 0404

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
So, I'm no diesel guy, but let me get this straight. The Greenies force you to have a device on your engine that slowly but progressively restricts flow and thus performance, only to undue it's f*** up and dump it all out into the atmosphere anyway? How much sense does that make? Why even have it if all it's going to do is dump it out at a later time?