Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow !

I have to admit I’ve never seen that before. Wonder if you hooked the edge of a rock or something. I assume you had the tractor in a pretty low gear too.
Low, low, I have to go down 2 feet to find a rock big enough to throw and no trees within 40 feet. The ground is really hard from no rain. It made quite the rip it when it buckled.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Fixing up my spring purchase finally. Front axle tube crack repair.

20230719 092954

E

EmenAkpan

Apr 20, 2023
ca
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got the "new" front end finished up today. Next I can wash it, put tin work back on, and start working on the loader. Project is going slowly but sure.

View attachment 401821 View attachment 401822
Great job on getting that ""new"" front end sorted out! These projects can be a bit of a slow burn, but the satisfaction you get from seeing the progress is totally worth it. Once you've given it a good wash and put the tin work back on, it's going to look fantastic.
Working on the loader is the next step, and it's all about taking one step at a time. Slowly but surely, you'll get there, and when it's all done, you'll have yourself a reliable workhorse.
Remember, if you ever need used equipment options, don't forget to check out www.machinerydealer.co.uk. They might have just what you need.

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered this and thought it was nice to share.

https://www.palletforks.com/skid-steers/pallet-forks-and-accessories/pallet-fork-attachment-with-pallet-fork-blades-–-skid-steer-quick-tach/133210.html

Reactions: Mudder and Coeus
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice!

I’m still on the fence about getting one. Can’t decide between dual tandems or going a bit lower with 8k singles.
Check your state laws, the federal is anything with a combined GCWR of 26000 you need a CDL.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your state laws, the federal is anything with a combined GCWR of 26000 you need a CDL.
The way they operate is they combine the GCWR of truck and trailer. They do not care if your current weight is at or near it or over or way under whatever load you currently have. Truck and trailer combined GCWR "label" is all they care about ; declared usually on the VIN tag.

When I was doing research into hotshot trailer and truck I found big tex was willing to sell me any trailer and change the VIN plate to give me a combined rating of my choosing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmer and JenElio
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The way they operate is they combine the GCWR of truck and trailer. They do not care if your current weight is at or near it or over or way under whatever load you currently have. Truck and trailer combined GCWR "label" is all they care about ; declared usually on the VIN tag.

When I was doing research into hotshot trailer and truck I found big tex was willing to sell me any trailer and change the VIN plate to give me a combined rating of my choosing.
Exactly

Also the limits are enforced for hire. For personal no special license needed. It’s the same reason why you see any schmo driving a huge RV with nothing more than a basic license.

Air brakes etc are more driving of the need for special license than anything else…when talking personal use.

It’s a topic I was super familiar with back in the days with my job.

the second your working for profit…is when it gets all sideways.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly

Also the limits are enforced for hire. For personal no special license needed. It’s the same reason why you see any schmo driving a huge RV with nothing more than a basic license.

Air brakes etc are more driving of the need for special license than anything else…when talking personal use.

It’s a topic I was super familiar with back in the days with my job.

the second your working for profit…is when it gets all sideways.
I agree. I think there should be equal enforcement for anyone hauling that much weight.

I think CDL should have more individual classifications. A hot shot driver operates much different than a true 18 wheeled hauler.

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
We can stick a volunteer behind the wheel of a 35k lb water tender with a regular old class c license. I have a non commercial class b from my previous life as a career firefighter.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I agree. I think there should be equal enforcement for anyone hauling that much weight.

I think CDL should have more individual classifications. A hot shot driver operates much different than a true 18 wheeled hauler.
Texas requires drivers towing heavy or driving large and heavy vehicles to have a special category license. Some other states do as well.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Texas requires drivers towing heavy or driving large and heavy vehicles to have a special category license. Some other states do as well.

I’m sorry but your blanket statement simply is not true. This is right from your link. Nearly all states say the exact same thing. It’s a spinoff from the Feds.

1, 3,4 apply to a great majority of non profit persons.

It’s exactly why I can jump into any Diesel pusher RV and drive any where in the US and not even being looked at. Same for loading up my GN horse trailer exceeding 26k and driving to California and back. No special license needed…period.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!