P1000 Traded my P-1000 today

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I been looking at the defender myself. Tired of the constant shifting and shuddering.

Reactions: Tot
B

Bowtech32

Dec 6, 2013
I am another on the fence between Honda and the defender. The only thing I have questions about on the defender is the Visco lock 4wd. But I am leaning toward the hd8 xt unit. Really don't need the bigger engine

Reactions: Tot
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I am another on the fence between Honda and the defender. The only thing I have questions about on the defender is the Visco lock 4wd. But I am leaning toward the hd8 xt unit. Really don't need the bigger engine
My buddy that has the HD10 has no problems with the visco lock. It locks in and pulls when it's needed then unlocks. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Defender. Especially with all the storage they have! And the bed is bigger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
To many posts like this have kept me from getting rid of of my p700 for a p1000. At first I thought the p1000 would be perfect but it has it limitations too.

Paulswa1

Paulswa1

Feb 18, 2016
Strawberry AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be Happy. I bought a 2015 Can Am Commander Max Limited but I sold it and bought a Honda Pioneer 5 deluxe.
I like the automatic transmission since I can keep the rpm down when out cruising. I also hated how long the max was, I was always scraping on hills and rocks. The pioneer is so much more maneuverable due to the shorter wheelbase and it is much quiter.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Be Happy. I bought a 2015 Can Am Commander Max Limited but I sold it and bought a Honda Pioneer 5 deluxe.
I like the automatic transmission since I can keep the rpm down when out cruising. I also hated how long the max was, I was always scraping on hills and rocks. The pioneer is so much more maneuverable due to the shorter wheelbase and it is much quiter.
Yep very happy as well. It only shifts a lot when driving the piss out of her in sport. Sure nice hauling a massive load and keeping a gear. I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea but sure is mine.

N

Null

Jan 18, 2016
I been looking at the defender myself. Tired of the constant shifting and shuddering.
Took mine for a long ride today and I have to admit it felt really nice not having the shifting. I ride on my deer lease a lot and have a serious hog problem. The pioneer was hard for me to ride slow over the bumps without lunging. Didn't have that problem today with the defender. I may be I wasn't use to driving the pioneer I don't know. even when I put the pioneer in manual it was constant jernoking. I don't want to knock the pioneer because I know a lot of folks love theirs and Im happy for them, but after riding today I don't miss mine at all. So much storage and everything seems solid. The motor is a breeze to get to without having to take off panels. I had no heat coming in to the cab and when I went through water I didn't get a burned behind from steam coming up. I have a half windshield like I did on my pioneer and I didn't feel any heat from the motor because it is behind you and not under you. You can lock the rear dif with a flip of a switch and not have to move a lever and wait for it to kick in or out. It may break down tomorrow but I guarantee I wont have to put a clutch pack in it lol. I can change the belt myself for about 100 bucks if it ever goes out. As far as power goes its a tork monster, not problem turning big tires. I am happier with this buggy than any I have ever had. I think the Pioneer would be great for trail riders and sight seeing, but In the east texas mud holes im happy with my defender.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
The Pioneer 1000 has hurt Polaris Ranger 900 sales and this defender will beat the Ranger 900 in every way. The 3 year warranty will hurt Polaris and Yamaha sales both with a 6 months warranty. If your doing huge tires in gumbo mud the defender should be great and you only have to be moving 1 mph for full belt hookup. They should have a way better belt drive then the Ranger 900. My 2013 Ranger 900 was probably the best then but it had too many design and assembly problems. I fixed everything and sold it in less then a year.

Oh yeah - solid dependable warranty! That's a major reason I went with Honda I was trying to remember all the reasons why I got the P1K. I refused to dump 20k into a machine where the manufacturer wouldn't stand behind you for more than 6 months. Get real ... LOL Those ones got crossed off my shopping list real fast.
But the 3 year manufacturer warranty caught my attention.

Enjoy the new rig Worm.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!