P1000 Traded my P-1000 today

N

Null

Jan 18, 2016
Hate to say it but I just traded my P1000 in on a Can Am Defender XD10, May be the biggest mistake of my life but after going on a long muddy and hilly ride the other day, I really just don't like the way the transmission shifts when in auto mode. I know you can put it in manual but I bought a automatic and like to just gas it and go and not listen to the clunking and continuous shifting back and forth. Probably gonna make some enemies but I have really enjoyed this forum for what its worth. Im just a CVT kind of guy I guess. Only have ever had to replace one belt In my life and that's due to skidding big logs after a hurricane. 100 bucks later and about an hour and it was good as new. May stay on here and let yall know if the Can Am holds up to my expectations. Good luck with yall pioneers hope you get years of good out of them.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Hate to say it but I just traded my P1000 in on a Can Am Defender XD10, May be the biggest mistake of my life but after going on a long muddy and hilly ride the other day, I really just don't like the way the transmission shifts when in auto mode. I know you can put it in manual but I bought a automatic and like to just gas it and go and not listen to the clunking and continuous shifting back and forth. Probably gonna make some enemies but I have really enjoyed this forum for what its worth. Im just a CVT kind of guy I guess. Only have ever had to replace one belt In my life and that's due to skidding big logs after a hurricane. 100 bucks later and about an hour and it was good as new. May stay on here and let yall know if the Can Am holds up to my expectations. Good luck with yall pioneers hope you get years of good out of them.
Cool. Best wishes with the Defender.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
How much did they give you for the Pioneer on trade and what accessories did you have on it?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I think you will like it. It has a 3 year warranty. The first service is at 1,800 miles or 200 hours which is an all new standard for UTV's. Nearly everything is under the bed now so maintenance should be easy. They must have a high end oil and magnets on the drain plugs. You may want to route the air intake up under the roof from under the bed. Also the belt drive intake is on the side, I would route that up under the bed for clean air going into the belt drive. Other then the unfortunate air intake locations it should work great with good power. Good luck and let us know how you like it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's your money, get what works best for you. Good luck with the Defender.

N

Null

Jan 18, 2016
How much did they give you for the Pioneer on trade and what accessories did you have on it?
Not enough lol 13500, I had a cheap winch and a half windshield and roof. luckily it was paid for so it didn't hurt too bad.

N

Null

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks for the positive remarks lol. I do still own a Honda Rincon, Power washer, and lawn mower hahahaah. I love Honda products, just like Waylan said Different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: Stauvo and joeymt33
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must say Can Am hit the ground running with that model. A friend of mine is looking at it to replace his Rhino and it has Polaris in it's cross hairs as far as cab features, storage, layout design. Yes please keep in touch on how it works out for you.

Happy Sunday!

advertisement
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Not enough lol 13500, I had a cheap winch and a half windshield and roof. luckily it was paid for so it didn't hurt too bad.
Thanks for the info it cost $ to get what you want post some pictures

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I almost bought a red Defender on 29.5 OL2S one day. I was selling my Commander and walked in to the dealer and there she was lol. My buddy just bought one and had some custom stuff done on his. He loves it! He also just got sponsored by Quadboss. They gave him a set of tires to try out. He normally runs OL2s. He liked the way these performed and said they are very smooth
3c2f6951cf18d8111a62e4e67ad1a157

028e5717fd480fb88b3fe74de2756150

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
What turned me down on the Defenders was the front end of them. It looks like they took a Ranger and smashed it into a wall lol. But the inside is very well designed and honestly my next sxs may be a Defender. The reason I went Pioneer was because it wasn't belt driven. Best of luck to you man and post some pictures of your new beast

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
share some pics with us when you get time. I'd like to see the features and general layout of the Can Am.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sad to see the pioneer lose a customer I haven't seen to many but everyone has their own preferences. Hopefully you have good luck with the Defender.

Last edited:
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
I think you will like the Defender. They are really nice rigs and ride great and are smooth and powerful and there is no jerking and solenoid clicking at every shift. The CVT will probably be more trouble free than the DCT also.

And it is almost like Honda copied the Defender in the looks department.

Reactions: Tot
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Pioneer 1000 has hurt Polaris Ranger 900 sales and this defender will beat the Ranger 900 in every way. The 3 year warranty will hurt Polaris and Yamaha sales both with a 6 months warranty. If your doing huge tires in gumbo mud the defender should be great and you only have to be moving 1 mph for full belt hookup. They should have a way better belt drive then the Ranger 900. My 2013 Ranger 900 was probably the best then but it had too many design and assembly problems. I fixed everything and sold it in less then a year.

Reactions: Everett and Tot
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!