Trail riding - is it about the destination or the journey?

Trail Riding - Destination or the Journey?

• 100% about the destination. The machine is a tool to get me there.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75% about the destination, but enjoy the journey as well.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 50/50 - I really like them both.

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • 25% about the destination, I like to take the harder route.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 0% about the destination, 100% about the ride.

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I voted 50/50 but... I think I am more 25/25/25/25. I like the challenge of a tougher trail, the destination, the easy journey, and sometimes.. being the passenger. Basically boils down to, I don't care how we do it... I JUST WANNA GET OUT THERE AND RIDE!!!

There are trails that I look at and go "Hell yeah, I wanna try that." and some I say "Yep, that is past my capabilities, anyone wanna drive it up for me? or I am gonna need to pull line for ALL this."

After a couple days of beatin' and bangin' around the trails in a P5.... I really want a day that is an easy, scenic trail by a creek that leads to a waterfall or gorgeous overlook. Some trails just scream out for a slower pace to just take in all the beauty that is out there.

There are days... I wanna go.. "Anyone got a spare seat for a passenger? I'll provide lunch!" "You drive, I'll navigate."

I'll go with the flow of the group mostly... and I'll enjoy every minute of it. But no matter how I go.. I always want to go! Doesn't matter the destination, the journey or the difficulty...

npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Some great replies!

We live on 75 acres and have just over a 1 mile trail around the property. It has some ups and downs and is actually fairly scenic. Worth it to run around and check things out now and then.

We get kids that come visit that will ride the machines until they just about run out of gas. Around and around and around and around. Seems like it would be boring. The really hard thing for me to understand is that they like to just drive back and forth on the same county dirt road over and over and over again. Flat and straight, out and back, over and over.

On my place in Colorado it has right at 10 miles of trails, again worth it to drive around on them occasionally but generally I'm driving them to get from one place on the property to another, not just for the joy of driving the machine around.

Now when I take my machines to Utah, Montana, etc. and go on some real trail rides, that is where I really start to enjoy it.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Some great replies!

We live on 75 acres and have just over a 1 mile trail around the property. It has some ups and downs and is actually fairly scenic. Worth it to run around and check things out now and then.

We get kids that come visit that will ride the machines until they just about run out of gas. Around and around and around and around. Seems like it would be boring. The really hard thing for me to understand is that they like to just drive back and forth on the same county dirt road over and over and over again. Flat and straight, out and back, over and over.

On my place in Colorado it has right at 10 miles of trails, again worth it to drive around on them occasionally but generally I'm driving them to get from one place on the property to another, not just for the joy of driving the machine around.

Now when I take my machines to Utah, Montana, etc. and go on some real trail rides, that is where I really start to enjoy it.
Your post made me think back to the 80s when we had ATC125m three-wheelers. Before we could drive this WAS our transportation out in our rural community. These machines were not fast (about 47 mph), not smooth but ultra-reliable (except for chains and sprockets)! They got us between family homes because as kids we always spent the night with cousins! We had close to 1000 acres of hunting woodland trails that we could ride. We kept the trails clean! It was the same roads, the same trails, the same terrain over and over and over with many tanks of gas burned. We didn't care we just wanted to ride. I so wish that those 125's would have had odometers! I can imagine they would have had close to 100,000 miles on them! My top end was overhauled 3 times! Good times and lots of memories.

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
U know the damb rulz - pics or it din't happen.
ddg.gif
Remember, Passion, not Profession. My racing took place many moons ago and the majority of the evidence is the floppy type, not the digital type. I’ll see if I can dig any up :D

Mike

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I voted 50/50 but, my passion is driving. My passion is mostly devoted to driving cars on racetracks but, I really enjoy my recreational drives through the forests in the SxS. So, in reality, it’s more about the drive but damn, we have some amazing destinations here in the PNW.

Mike

U know the damb rulz - pics or it din't happen.
ddg.gif

Remember, Passion, not Profession. My racing took place many moons ago and the majority of the evidence is the floppy type, not the digital type. I’ll see if I can dig any up :D

Mike
Although old racing pics are cool, :cool: Imma SxS kinda guy now; let's see some of those amazing destinations in the PNW.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!