highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Got setup by Seth at Trailtank as a dealer mainly for their Talon tanks available in 10 gal for the X/R2 and 11.5 gal for the X4. Looking forward to working with Seth. I like working with small business like this. It's more relaxing as a dealer to work with great small businesses that still care about products and customers. I'll get these listed on my website for purchase soon.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am in the market for a tank for my R4, also if anyone with a 2 seater and installs one I would be interested in there OEM tank.
@Hondasxs and I were eying the empty space under the front passenger seat for an auxiliary tank.🤔

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Received 2 tanks for my talon and my father-in-law's talon. FIL will install both. He is almost finished with his after many interruptions.

A few installation things to note so far:
1. The retainer ring on the factory tank is TIGHT and a little difficult to remove. But going back into the Trailtank is easy.
2. The one tank (almost) installed so far does not sit low enough for the mounting tabs to sit on the mounting surfaces. I asked Trailtank about this and they said on the 2 seat model, the tanks are made with a bulge on the bottom that causes this. Trailtank says to push the tank down to start screws then cinch down. Once filled with gas, Trailtank says the tank plastic will relax. We shall see.
3. The Trailtank slid into place much easier than the OEM tank was to remove!

Overall, I'll be much happier with gas in the tank than carrying externally. Rotopax are an option but definitely not cheap either. Looking forward to trying out these tanks on a ride.