P700 Trans oil pressure low, Engin oil pressure high

farmerklaassen

farmerklaassen

Dec 13, 2020
Shell Knob, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've had some problems with shifting from D to R and vise versa, also surging when going down a slight hill between 7 and 11 MPH. Took it to the Honda dealer, they checked the oil pressure at the test ports and said the trans oil pressure was low and the engin oil pressure was high, tha most likely a piese of a clutch disk partical was cought in an oil passage way, and the only way to fix it was to split the case at a a cost of $2,000 dollars for 17 hours work. I asked could they back flush it, the responce I gought was no one had ever asked that and they had no idea if it could be done. So now my question to the form is has any one ever back flushed the engin and or any ideas how?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I've been to Shell Knob, MO many times. An old shipmate lives there on Table Rock Lake.

My old age makes me cynical and a disbeliever. Is your Pioneer 700 still in warranty? If so, I would tell them to do whatever it needs and call you when it's ready to pick up. It's on Honda's dime.

If not, ignore that story and drive it. If the transmission fails later you'll have to pay for repairs.

I'm not a trained transmission tech but it seems to me that if transmission oil pressure is low the clutches would not engage to start rolling and it would make very weak, slipping shifts or not shift at all.

farmerklaassen

farmerklaassen

Dec 13, 2020
Shell Knob, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've been to Shell Knob, MO many times. An old shipmate lives there on Table Rock Lake.

My old age makes me cynical and a disbeliever. Is your Pioneer 700 still in warranty? If so, I would tell them to do whatever it needs and call you when it's ready to pick up. It's on Honda's dime.

If not, ignore that story and drive it. If the transmission fails later you'll have to pay for repairs.

I'm not a trained transmission tech but it seems to me that if transmission oil pressure is low the clutches would not engage to start rolling and it would make very weak, slipping shifts or not shift at all.
Just driving it is the current plan unless I get some bright Idea for this form, and no it is not under warranty. Which ship? I'm retired Navy.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It's good to find another Navy retiree! I was primarily a submariner. Served in USS Halfbeak SS-352 and USSS George C. Marshall SSBN-654. Later I also served in USS Tripoli LPH-10 and retired from USS McKee AS-41.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did they give actual numbers?
Also...can you get more specific about the issues?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!