P700 Mobil 1 MX T4 oil?

sayulero

sayulero

Supporting Member
Oct 30, 2023
Mesilla New Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
Somewhere else on the interweb, a couple of guys were saying they were using Mobil 1 MX 4T synthetic oil in their 700-4's.
Thoughts? Experience?

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This spec, my juice choice.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Somewhere else on the interweb, a couple of guys were saying they were using Mobil 1 MX 4T synthetic oil in their 700-4's.
Thoughts? Experience?
I've used it. I've also used regular Honda, Honda HP4, Amsoil, Super tech from wal mart, and Rotella T6. Honestly, I don't know that I could tell a difference between the synthetics. Pick one.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've used it. I've also used regular Honda, Honda HP4, Amsoil, Super tech from wal mart, and Rotella T6. Honestly, I don't know that I could tell a difference between the synthetics. Pick one.
Now how are we going to watch another oil debate unfold if you go throwing nonsense like this into the mix DG?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just had all the fluids flushed. Dealer put in 3.1 quarts of GNA 10W30 .....9 bucks a quart.......
I normally go OEM, but I don't think I would pay $9 a quart.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

bartruff

Oct 2, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. Big Red
I normally go OEM, but I don't think I would pay $9 a quart.
The entire bill for the flush, tune up, Snow tracks and blade was over $11, 500 so the $27 for oil was not a concern. I am 85 years old and when I go 50 miles into the backcountry in the Cascade Mountains over snow in the dead of winter, I need things to work.... I should add that I have a Spot GPS and everything I need to survive for weeks .....if necessary...

Sorry for the drift.......my point was that I have my Honda's serviced by Honda and use the products they recommend... including oil.......Happy Trails....

Reactions: trigger and Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The entire bill for the flush, tune up, Snow tracks and blade was over $11, 500 so the $27 for oil was not a concern. I am 85 years old and when I go 50 miles into the backcountry in the Cascade Mountains over snow in the dead of winter, I need things to work.... I should add that I have a Spot GPS and everything I need to survive for weeks .....if necessary...

Sorry for the drift.......my point was that I have my Honda's serviced by Honda and use the products they recommend... including oil.......Happy Trails....
I understand, don't sweat the little things.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thoughts? Experience?
use what u can afford - if u follow oil change intervals or decide to drive it to its death - any oil that is rated same as OEM, including the Honda oil is fine, so you can use that to the lucas royal purple shell rotella amsoil blend super hypoid extra synthetic additive oil as long as the proper air pressure is in your tires

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jerryg and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!