P700 P 700 2019 OIL CONSUMPTION

J

JIMVJ

Jun 13, 2023
FLORIDA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I HAVE A 2019 P 700 THAT IS EATING OIL. NO SMOKE NO DEPOSITS ON THE EXHAUST. I JUST BOUGHT THIS MACHINE AND IT IS USING A HELL OF A LOT OF OIL. IT DONT KNOW IF IT IS BURNING IT OR WHAT.
WHAT OIL DO YOU GUYS RECCOMMEND?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
We would really like pics as u may be asking for a friend

little more info

-miles

-was it hammered, any known history

-eating oil, what does that mean, like how many quarts in a hundred miles?

-u see any signs of fresh gaskets like it’s been rebuilt

-has intake after filter been inspected for dirt after the filter

-compression test?

Does it run good, starts ez…..

If it’s not leaking on the ground it’s burning it and it’s not the oil type

JASO is for wet clutch systems

J

JIMVJ

Jun 13, 2023
FLORIDA
Ownership

1. 700-2
We would really like pics as u may be asking for a friend

little more info

-miles

-was it hammered, any known history

-eating oil, what does that mean, like how many quarts in a hundred miles?

-u see any signs of fresh gaskets like it’s been rebuilt

-has intake after filter been inspected for dirt after the filter

-compression test?

Does it run good, starts ez…..

If it’s not leaking on the ground it’s burning it and it’s not the oil type

JASO is for wet clutch systems
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
I BOUGHT IT USED, 2500 MILES.
IT HAD MUD TIRES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT IT.
I HAS A SNORKLE KIT.
I CHANGED TIRES TO STOCK.
POSSIBLY BEAT ON AS HE SAID THEY USED IT LOCALLY.
IT WAS FRESHLY SERVICED AS I GOT THE RECEIPT.
I USED 8/10 OUNCES IN THE LAST 100 MILES.
DRIVING ON COUNTRY ROAD W DOG IN CAB.
NO COMPRESSION CHECK.... YET.
I TOOK PICS LOOKING AT HOW TO ATTACH.
TAILPIPE PIC FROM BELOW.
I PUT NEW FILTER ON IT AND A DUST COVER,FOAM JOBBER OVER TOP FILTER.

20230803 155810

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine is also using alot. No leaks, no white smoke, etc for me. It has the local honda dealer baffled. I am not the only one they have seen like this. 2015 700-4 with 3000 miles on it. Ive been looking at forums. Some guys say a rebuild helped. Some say it didnt. Seems about 50%/50%. Ive done all the required maintenance since new with Honda parts and oil bought at the dealership. I roaded it to the dealer for my oil change this am. Unbeknownst to me it only had 1/16 the required oil in it. Probably lucky I didnt shell it out.

Reactions: Jerryg
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Mine is also using alot. No leaks, no white smoke, etc for me. It has the local honda dealer baffled. I am not the only one they have seen like this. 2015 700-4 with 3000 miles on it. Ive been looking at forums. Some guys say a rebuild helped. Some say it didnt. Seems about 50%/50%. Ive done all the required maintenance since new with Honda parts and oil bought at the dealership. I roaded it to the dealer for my oil change this am. Unbeknownst to me it only had 1/16 the required oil in it. Probably lucky I didnt shell it out.
oh boy, its not complicated, its just an air pump at the heart of the beast - get away from the dealers if this has them baffled - should be able to find a local mechanic who can assist with compression check, etc.

think about it - if it was rebuilt correctly, correctly diagnosed (bad cylinder\piston, bad valve seals, etc.) - it should be the same as new - so if the engine was rebuilt and still burning oil, either they rebuilt the wrong end or did a crappy job rebuilding it somehow.

Reactions: Jerryg
J

JIMVJ

Jun 13, 2023
FLORIDA
Ownership

1. 700-2
WOW! MINE IS IN DECENT SHAPE ON THE BODY BUT THE MOTOR IS EATING THE OIL.
I WILL START TO LOOK AT REBUILD KITS AS A NEIGHBOR UP THE ROAD IS A MECHANIC. CARS TRUCKS BOATS HE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO WORK ON ANYTHING AND THE OTHER NEIGHBORS HAVE RECOMMEDED HIM.
I BELIEVE IT IS TIME FOR A REBUILD.

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
They wont tear into it. They said they quit doing it a few years ago. A buddy rebuilds small engines on the side and he is willing to do the work if I supply the parts. I am pretty handy, but not sure if I want to tackle it. Between work, kids sports, my wife was recently diagnosed with a chronic fatal illness, etc time is limited.

J

JIMVJ

Jun 13, 2023
FLORIDA
Ownership

1. 700-2
They wont tear into it. They said they quit doing it a few years ago. A buddy rebuilds small engines on the side and he is willing to do the work if I supply the parts. I am pretty handy, but not sure if I want to tackle it. Between work, kids sports, my wife was recently diagnosed with a chronic fatal illness, etc time is limited.
REALLY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE WIFE. THIS IS AN ISSUE AND (OIL) AND I HAVE TO GET IT FIXED. HOPEFULLY THE NEIGHBOR CAN HANDLE IT.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
god bless to you and your family

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
WOW! MINE IS IN DECENT SHAPE ON THE BODY BUT THE MOTOR IS EATING THE OIL.
I WILL START TO LOOK AT REBUILD KITS AS A NEIGHBOR UP THE ROAD IS A MECHANIC. CARS TRUCKS BOATS HE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO WORK ON ANYTHING AND THE OTHER NEIGHBORS HAVE RECOMMEDED HIM.
I BELIEVE IT IS TIME FOR A REBUILD.
no expert here - those 700's are known for eating camshafts as well - don't overlook inspecting that while inside if ya get that far

Reactions: 500oneer
H

HondaTech

Your dealer won't rebuild engines?
Then what f***ing good are they?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
the washBoy prepping new rides

changing oil, tires

probably about it......

baffled made me laugh

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nope. Wont do an engine swap either. I inquired about both. They will put on a windshield, roof, and back panel for $200 though (that is the price the quoted me when I asked to quote parts). Oil is cheap, im probably going to just keep adding for awhile.

Reactions: Robobrainiac

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!