NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know if it's safe to transport PK vertically?

Google has let me down.
You'd want to make sure your vent lines are run in a way that would support that. I also wouldn't want it sitting on the cage (assuming rear end down) as they aren't overly strong to begin with. Overall this is one of those ideas that I would say might work, but it definitely isn't designed for it.

Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another alternative would be to drain all the fluids and pull the battery.

As JB said, probably not the best idea. The Rops isn’t that stout.

Are you trying to move or something?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m one that throws out all common sense to the wind when loading things but I wouldn’t do that unless emergency. Like Vikes said you’d want to drain most fluids. I’m curious too what your need is for?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought I saw a picture of a sxs hanging vertically off the back of a large motor home. Saves on trailer I guess??? Couldn’t tell you anymore than that. Looked hairy as hell to me.
That was a can am though. Those guys are full of bad ideas....starting with buying the can am.

cntryby

cntryby

May 27, 2019
southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Vent lines I considered, I just don't know about the engine and tranny fluids. Batt's are no spill, mount any orientation.

Jacks pretty much nailed it. I'm converting a school bus into an RV and weighing options for trailer or no trailer. Because of limited access to the engine (rear engine, 8.3l Cummins), and frame modifications costing me floor space in the bus, I'm leaning towards trailer regardless. With the trailer, I'm leaning towards the Jeep Grand wagoneer. Or no trailer just taking the ftr1200.

O

Orchidman

May 31, 2020
missouri
Ownership

1. Big Red
Here is a better idea for a trailer behind a motor home.
They come in several sizes.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ever see the front caster spin crazy on a shopping cart?

Ive pulled a lot of farm equipment with swivel wheels...and they can and do spin till the tire blows if your not paying attention.

One good pot hole and those itty bitty casters will be gone!

For crying out loud a simple double axel steel car trailer and hitch will set you back 2.5 to 3k tops!

You can find nice aluminum ones for another 1 k more!

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Those wheels looks rinky dink....... look like they belong on a wheelbarrow.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Vent lines I considered, I just don't know about the engine and tranny fluids. Batt's are no spill, mount any orientation.

Jacks pretty much nailed it. I'm converting a school bus into an RV and weighing options for trailer or no trailer. Because of limited access to the engine (rear engine, 8.3l Cummins), and frame modifications costing me floor space in the bus, I'm leaning towards trailer regardless. With the trailer, I'm leaning towards the Jeep Grand wagoneer. Or no trailer just taking the ftr1200.
I have a converted school bus, it worked great for a dirt bike hauler but not long after we added Sxs to the mix we quit running it. Obviously they won’t fit inside because of height restrictions, plus a pusher is more limited. We did build a rear platform for a quad, that was doable but pita. I absolutely hate trailers especially behind that, going deep into woods 60ft sucked. Just converted a moving van so we could load up inside. Like said though you’ll probably just have to go trailer unless you want to cut out the mid section

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ever see the front caster spin crazy on a shopping cart?

Ive pulled a lot of farm equipment with swivel wheels...and they can and do spin till the tire blows if your not paying attention.

One good pot hole and those itty bitty casters will be gone!

For crying out loud a simple double axel steel car trailer and hitch will set you back 2.5 to 3k tops!

You can find nice aluminum ones for another 1 k more!
My thoughts exactly except I was thinking about the way a front wheel on a zero turn radius mower goes berserk when on pavement.