P1000 Traxion Tires

R

rickoshea

Tires and wheels finally became available.

I went with the Traxion Alpha 30X10X14 Tires,
Wheels, STI HD9 Beadlock 14X7 offset (matte black),
I also installed the Highlifter 2 1/2'' Lift kit,
1" spacers in the front and 1 1/2" spacers in the rear.

Install was pretty easy, no issues, by that I mean I didn't break anything while getting this done LOL. Took it out on the wknd and put around 150Km's on the new set up.

Initial review, Really like the extra ground clearance (I didn't measure, but it is a lot better than stock) Im not a rough rider or a mudder but a lot of the trails I go on are 4 wheeler trails and are rougher. so the added clearance is nice. I found that a rocky trail is still a rough ride 8ply and maybe air pressure, but the stock tires were rough as well. Loss of Power, didn't really notice and the new tires are considerable heavier (did not weigh). again I'm not into the throttle hard. I did however when on the more technical portions have it in Low and in manual. not a big deal to be expected with the bigger tires ect. Only thing I noticed so far is a bit of a rub on the driver side when making a tight turn and suspension is compressed. which shouldn't happen that often but I am aware of it. AND there is the extra mud issue LOL, which I new going into this. It does fling mud/water over the door at times not crazy but your leg arm will get dirty as well as the sides of the buggy. I am looking at fender flares and will get a set before spring.

Questions:
-Would going to a 1 1/2" spacer in the front solve the minor rub? also would this be much harder on the front end parts.
-What PSI should I be running in these tires ( average trail riding, minimal hard top) I am currently running 15-16 PSI , but thinking It may be a bit much, not sure as the 8 ply tire is a lot stiffer and I don't have that much experience with them. I just dont want to ruin them because of incorrect tire pressure.

Thanks again and will post pics once I have it looking pretty again

Chad
good stuff.i'd drop a couple pounds of pressure.so you recommend? i figure the lateral grip must be way better than the BH's,but how do they compare in average mud? i have cash in my slush fund waiting to be spent on them,and checked the site for availability a few days ago.just put on my tracks a couple days ago so no hurry for me.

Reactions: Isaiah
Lil-Buggy

Lil-Buggy

Jul 21, 2020
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s what I was thinking on the air pressure as well. They are a bit slicker on the mud but to be expected with a truck like tire pattern but they do grab nice when needed. Time will tell but for the type of driving I do I’m thinking they will be fine. Also they look GOOD.

Reactions: Isaiah
Lil-Buggy

Lil-Buggy

Jul 21, 2020
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pics

89B47841 6A88 4F57 94AB 6C91DAE1DE1C BCE64940 E405 4E4F A2AC 5AAFEAFC2245 A5141DD5 E676 4C2A A65B DB0839E3F2F8 00324444 5D27 4588 950B 9D5BCC45CE33 43BE9DBC E0FE 4CFC 93AC 73066A87B912

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!