sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are going to Gatlinburg and I wanted to ask for any of your favorite places there. Fun for kids. We are going ziplining, but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts appreciated.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
We are going to Gatlinburg and I wanted to ask for any of your favorite places there. Fun for kids. We are going ziplining, but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts appreciated.
Dixie Stampede, dollywood, lazertag, anything on the strip is fun, dukes of hazzard museum. Lots to do there.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Recommend Parrot Mountain near Dollywood if you never been. It's a good adventure kids and adults will enjoy.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pancake pantry, the aquarium, Cades cove, fanny farkels corn dog, the island in pidgon forge, hayfield and McCoy dinner show

Reactions: Hondasxs
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Town has been horrible for the last month. Prepare to sit in traffic. When im off work I avoid Gburg like the plague.

3 Jimmys has great burgers, good spot for lunch or dinner. Calhouns is great, my wife always wants to eat here. Everyone seems to love the pancake pantry, I've got 3 free meal tickets but have never been. Definalty ride thru Cades Cove. Everyone needs to go to Dollywood once. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to help you out.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Town has been horrible for the last month. Prepare to sit in traffic. When im off work I avoid Gburg like the plague.

3 Jimmys has great burgers, good spot for lunch or dinner. Calhouns is great, my wife always wants to eat here. Everyone seems to love the pancake pantry, I've got 3 free meal tickets but have never been. Definalty ride thru Cades Cove. Everyone needs to go to Dollywood once. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to help you out.

Thanks for the great info. Just looking for what to do, where to eat. We are bringing the camper too. Going to Dixie Stampede one night. Will zip line too. Will definitely look for your suggestions.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must be some kind of annual migration this time of year? Several guys from our shop have gone in the last month. Wife an I are debating riding the bike there on the 1st. Supposed to be some great scenery. It's either a ride through the Smokies or a trip to Royal Blue with the sxs. Tough choices.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must be some kind of annual migration this time of year? Several guys from our shop have gone in the last month. Wife an I are debating riding the bike there on the 1st. Supposed to be some great scenery. It's either a ride through the Smokies or a trip to Royal Blue with the sxs. Tough choices.
It's a good time to go there this time of year, the temp is a little cooler. Awesome bike riding. If you take the bike ride skyline drive, and the dragons tail. Be careful on the dragons tail if you haven't rode in a while. It's usually crowded with crotch rockets and photographers taking pictures of you going around curves with a sandwinch board of their website on it for you to go and find yourself and purchase the pic.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a good time to go there this time of year, the temp is a little cooler. Awesome bike riding. If you take the bike ride skyline drive, and the dragons tail. Be careful on the dragons tail if you haven't rode in a while. It's usually crowded with crotch rockets and photographers taking pictures of you going around curves with a sandwinch board of their website on it for you to go and find yourself and purchase the pic.
Majority of the last 15 years or so of bike riding has been at 1/8th mile at a time lol. Never been to Deals gap but got a buddy that runs it in his C4 quite a bit. He told me bout this guy that takes pics from his Goldwing. He said he could hang with the crotchrockets all day long on his big cruiser lol.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seen lots of pioneers that people were renting to ride around, next time I will have mine street legal to ride around, that looked like a blast!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We bowed out of the RRB trip to ride the blue ridge parkway. And if we have time, may run Deals Gap.

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Roaring Fork Motor Trail in Gatlinburg turn by space needle go to end. Also take a trip around Cades Cove Loop. Both are great hiking and great scenery also. Take a picnic. If you don't want to hike the drive is awesome!

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There is actually a UTV rental place in Townsend that will take you on a tour of some back roads into Cades Cove (or there was). I have been up and down some of those roads and it would be pretty cool to do in a UTV. They had Teryx units in the photos.

The Aquarium was pretty cool the couple of times we went. Not as cool as the Atlanta one but I thought it was quite superior to the Chattanooga Aquarium.

Definitely go on the Cades Cove loop and definitely stop and look at some of the waterfalls/cabins. Let your kids see how people used to live before there were cell phones and central heat/air. If you have small kids, avoid the Abrams Falls trail in Cades cove. It is a nice fall and it isn't a bad trail but it would probably be pretty rough on small kids and parents. We went one time when I was probably 8 and my brother 4 and my Dad got stuck carrying my brother back through most of the trail. We never went back on that trail. :)

Laurel Falls is a nice easy trail to a very pretty waterfall and if you keep going passed the falls the trail leads up to a section of virgin forest that has never seen a saw or an axe. The trees are quite breathtaking and almost no one ever goes up beyond the falls.

The Ogle farm right out side of Gatlinburg is nice, especially the trail that goes behind the homeplace. It was always the traditional last thing that we did before we left every trip. I think it is called the Jungle Brook but that may have just been what we called it growing up.

If you have time, definitely go up to Newfound Gap and Clingman's Dome and hike up to the top. If you get there on a clear day it is spectacular if not, it is still a fun hike. Bring a jacket though, especially if it is in a cloud, pretty wet and cold even in the height of summer.

Keep going on over to the North Carolina side and visit the working farm they have right after you come down off the mountain and there are also several working mills that are nice to visit and then right past the farm.

We used to go 2 or 3 times a year when I as growing up. Just watch out for Car Show/Bike Show weekends when the already terrible traffic becomes nearly impossible traffic.

We haven't been in several years though because it has gotten so crowded.

You will enjoy it a bunch if you can get away from all the traffic.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is great info, thanks for that!! Man, how to decide what to do? Oh yeah, ask the boss! ;)

Reactions: Crow_Hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!