Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you could probably bring a Pioneer down it but going up it would be almost impossible. You would have to have balls of steel to even try it in a Pioneer. @Plumber32 said he tried it and broke an axle. After riding with him, I believe him when he said he tried it.
On the old YouTube seems like the 50" sxs do the best on that. A stock talon x did it recently. Low c.g. is a big help on that and 100 h.p.
I'd try it again.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
On the old YouTube seems like the 50" sxs do the best on that. A stock talon x did it recently. Low c.g. is a big help on that and 100 h.p.
I'd try it again.
Did you try and hug that left side? That Talon looked like a pogo stick going up that 😂. Did any of the KRX fellers try it?

J

JTW

Did you try and hug that left side? That Talon looked like a pogo stick going up that 😂. Did any of the KRX fellers try it?
We wanted to and that was the plan but Joey and plumber turned around and went back to camp. The rest of the group continued on up 21 and were suppose to meet them there at the elbow. I don’t know what happened. But that fell though and we never made it to either devils elbow or waldens ridge because the pioneers kept having failures. Those were the only two things we really wanted to do and we never made it.

We will do it this takeover though.. @Ragnar406 and I have already been talking about it.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
We wanted to and that was the plan but Joey and plumber turned around and went back to camp. The rest of the group continued on up 21 and were suppose to meet them there at the elbow. I don’t know what happened. But that fell though and we never made it to either devils elbow or waldens ridge because the pioneers kept having failures. Those were the only two things we really wanted to do and we never made it.

We will do it this takeover though.. @Ragnar406 and I have already been talking about it.
Gotcha. I want to go check that out as well.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

f***in junk pioneers!

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've watched just about every video I could find on YT that had someone going up Devil's Elbow. Narrower machine looks like it goes right up with a little wheel speed, where the wider buggies struggle. Pretty much all of them that tried to baby it had to winch that section then went right up, or they grenade something in the machine when it starts to bounce. It looks MUCH "easier" now that the big rock isn't there that I saw a lot of full on rock machines struggle with on older videos.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've watched just about every video I could find on YT that had someone going up Devil's Elbow. Narrower machine looks like it goes right up with a little wheel speed, where the wider buggies struggle. Pretty much all of them that tried to baby it had to winch that section then went right up, or they grenade something in the machine when it starts to bounce. It looks MUCH "easier" now that the big rock isn't there that I saw a lot of full on rock machines struggle with on older videos.
The hard part i think will be the rock shelf, thats if you can make it up the 1st part.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
20201230 163355

That rock is gone.
20201230 163420

This rock is moved down the hill to here
20201230 164048

Definitely easier than it was in the spring but not easy at all. I watch 2 rzrs come down it yesterday. They didn't want any part of going back up it.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
View attachment 244097
That rock is gone.
View attachment 244098
This rock is moved down the hill to here
View attachment 244099
Definitely easier than it was in the spring but not easy at all. I watch 2 rzrs come down it yesterday. They didn't want any part of going back up it.
Definitely doesn't look easy. There are more videos on FB of different buggies doing it more recently (one is a stock Talon), but they are lost in the FB ether never to be seen again.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!