P1000 Triplets

I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is just quick note to the Honda SxS forum and the club store. Me and my brother installed these plug and play light bars yesterday on my machine (middle one) his machine (the gray one) and our dads machine.
These went really smooth no problems installing them. Very happy so far.

Thanks

Triplets

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This is just quick note to the Honda SxS forum and the club store. Me and my brother installed these plug and play light bars yesterday on my machine (middle one) his machine (the gray one) and our dads machine.
These went really smooth no problems installing them. Very happy so far.

Thanks

View attachment 303115
Very Nice.
I see you changed it around to go under the bar. Fits really nice there.

Add link for those intersted. This is becoming one of our top-selling items.

I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, under the bar because we believe it provides a little more protection. by the pulling the bumper is required to mount it like we did. It's very simple to pull the bumper though. thanks for a great product.

Rtcole

Rtcole

Feb 16, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Very Nice.
I see you changed it around to go under the bar. Fits really nice there.

Add link for those intersted. This is becoming one of our top-selling items.
Looks great.one question . How much risk is there to the staring battery using the plug and play light bar and rear lights?

Reactions: Lady01 and Scoop
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Looks great.one question . How much risk is there to the staring battery using the plug and play light bar and rear lights?
Not much.

if you have the base model halogen head lights, swapping them to led will help free up load to run the light bar if your worried about it.

Reactions: Lady01
Rtcole

Rtcole

Feb 16, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I have the deluxe and do have LED headlights.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Zero, really. Assuming you have a dual isolated battery setup, it's not like you're drawing a ton of amps off the primary batterty while running your heater, winch and hydraulics (snowplow), lights and radio while plowing. All the latter stuff (and more) is really why one benefits from a dual battery and isolator setup.

I have a Deluxe, LED headlights, a ton of accessories, a dual isolated battery setup AND this plug & play light from the HondaSXS club store. I love that it's one less switch on the dash. Odds are good you'll never really want to run the light but ONLY have low beams on, either- no real benefit to that.

Rtcole

Rtcole

Feb 16, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Don’t have the dual isolated battery set up. That is why i was wondering about the light bar and rear lights that are plug and play from the Honda SXS store and whether i even need the dual battery setup

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I've read, (and it's been a bit so don't be too hard on me if I'm off on this), the P1000 electrical system can put out about 55 amps max. Some 20 - 25 amps peak or so for the machine. I'm sure that's not a steady load, but rather is max while replacing current used for starting (charging battery etc), leaving the rest for toys. Now you really don't want to tap it all out, so to speak, so realistically, you might count on 20 to 25 amps max for accessories, lights etc. My Nilight 54" LED light bar draws a measured 16 amps, as an example (it's not on much but it's there if I want to start brush fires).

If you plan on winching much, keep in mind that a 4,500 winch can draw as much as 280 amps at max load! . . . That could be part of the reason the some consider a second battery as good insurance.

Rtcole

Rtcole

Feb 16, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Makes sense to me. Does anybody know what the plug and play accessories pull in amps? My winch is wired to my main battery(factory installed) so I know i have that possible issue anyway.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Makes sense to me. Does anybody know what the plug and play accessories pull in amps? My winch is wired to my main battery(factory installed) so I know i have that possible issue anyway.
There are so many possible accessories, you need to be more specific. I can tell you that smaller LED's like pod lights or rear back up lights will draw about an amp each. Not sure what the headlights draw, the LED version will be more efficient, guessing 6 amps on high beam, but I've not measured them. A Boss radio, maybe 3ish, depending on volume . . but a big amp and sub woofer in and it'll draw a lot more when you turn up the gangsta rap. If you install an underseat fan, that'll draw 3 to 4 amps. Most of the smaller things, phone charger, tablet for map, etc. will be less than an amp.

I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much.

if you have the base model halogen head lights, swapping them to led will help free up load to run the light bar if your worried about it.
Mine is a Base model my dads and brothers are deluxe models. but after installing the light bar the headlights looked so out of place I changed them out for LEDS. much better. On a side note I have deluxe wheels and LEDS I should have bought a deluxe from the get go. I am happy not to have the color match panels. The black shows no scratches at all.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!