P1000 Tryin.. Insight Please

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys I am new to this. As of now I'm attempting to perfect the 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 as to my needs. Its lifted, I just finished my top (need feedback), have a full and a (taller than most) half windshield. My plan is to order the Power Commander V and the auto tune that goes with it. I want some more POWER! Please help me out as to what you guys are doing to get MORE, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I know if I did a better air induction and exhaust it'd give it more too. I just don't want the super loud buggy that keeps goin by...

Reactions: pct
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys I am new to this. As of now I'm attempting to perfect the 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 as to my needs. Its lifted, I just finished my top (need feedback), have a full and a (taller than most) half windshield. My plan is to order the Power Commander V and the auto tune that goes with it. I want some more POWER! Please help me out as to what you guys are doing to get MORE, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I know if I did a better air induction and exhaust it'd give it more too. I just don't want the super loud buggy that keeps goin by...
@joeymt33 @snuffnwhisky will be able to help you out with that. I see you are new welcome from Nashville tn. If your wondering, when a members name is in red it gets their attention to read your post.

Reactions: pct
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Stock intake isn't bad. I do think the snorkel through the hood will flow more though.

The exhaust is restrictive but it's nice and quiet. An after market muffler won't get you much, maybe 1hp.

The PCV with AT will really wake up the low end power but it won't help much at all in the higher RPMs.

So far I've changed the intake, added HMF muffler, PCV with AT, and bored the throttle body to 44mm to match the African Twin. All those things haven't helped much at all in the upper RPMs because the intake valve lift is too short. I've done some drag races smith stock machines and I'm barely faster. Now my rig is heavy with two winches, two batteries, 1/2" thick skid plates, etc.

My next HP mod may be the Africa Twin cam. Not so sure yet because I rarely need any more power, I just want it. Also, if I do the internal gear reduction I will have less need for the power.

So I'm short, the cam shaft is the major bottle neck in my opinion.

@snuffnwhisky does that all sound about right?

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well Thank You! That is very informative. BOOOOOOO i want more more more, just kidding man thanks again!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One of the guys recently did a cam swap..

He also milled the head a small amount for compression. That will play a roll in the results to.

Reactions: pct and sharp
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh! Oh! What Happened?? Power house? I have so much fun on mine i just want it to beat a few of the other name brands out there... And it doesn't need much!!!

Reactions: pct and sharp
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
H19 05060105

Reactions: sharp
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO I don't have the funds for something like that also don't want to void my extended warranty

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please hit me up if you hear any good word on power increase, Thanks man.

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HAHAHA! See and i thought it was the Monster Sticker that claimed that