Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Ok, I'm having a little trouble here and just want to make sure what I'm doing.

From the factory, with my steering wheel and driver side tire mostly straight , the passenger side tire was toe'd out what looked like several inches. I've used jack stands and string to make a straight edge and adjusted the toe in to about 1/4". 47" at front of wheel and about 47.25" at rear of wheel.

Not sure if it matters or not but I have 6 or 7 threads on one side showing while only about 3 or 4 on driver side. Does it matter or should they be about the same. I read one thread that said about 5 threads showing was about right. Please excuse my total ignorance on the matter.

Reactions: BWAF
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Not exactly scientific, but got to be worlds better than it was.
20180811 193227

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's tough to do. For whatever reason the toe on the pioneer can be challenging. First make sure the ball joints on tie rod ends are tight. I would start by cranking the tie rods all the way in. Center the steering wheel. You may have to actually take the steering wheel off and reset. Then turn the tie rods out an equal amount until it looks close. I then measure to center of tire on front side of tire and back side. Set the toe 1/8" toe in. It will toe out under suspension compression and prevents some bump steer. It doesn't sound like a lot but I think 1/4" is too much from my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Redone

Redone

Nov 14, 2018
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's tough to do. For whatever reason the toe on the pioneer can be challenging. First make sure the ball joints on tie rod ends are tight. I would start by cranking the tie rods all the way in. Center the steering wheel. You may have to actually take the steering wheel off and reset. Then turn the tie rods out an equal amount until it looks close. I then measure to center of tire on front side of tire and back side. Set the toe 1/8" toe in. It will toe out under suspension compression and prevents some bump steer. It doesn't sound like a lot but I think 1/4" is too much from my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks guys this info just helped me

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To add to the confusion, you really do want the rack centered when going straight ahead.
Otherwise, it will turn sharper one way than the other.
I haven’t adjusted mine yet but I do have about 2*-3* more steering wheel rotation to stop on one side.
I had a 89 RamCharger that had a 10’ tighter turning circle to the left. By design for u turns

Reactions: Smitty335