P1000 Trying to decide on wheel/tire for my P1K EPS !

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Image Image Image Image Got these put on last night!! The difference over stock was night and day! It was totally stable at 64mph and I had three guys in it weighing over 550 lbs total. I wa concerned that the extra wheel weight would bog it down but it really felt better across the board! I very happy with this setup!!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
And they measured right at 64 inches wide edge of tire to tire and around 63 inches in the rear. Obviously ground clearance was increased also.

Reactions: pct
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks good. Nice garage too!

Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
Gosh dang those look good. I'm thinking of putting some HiPer wheels on my -5 and I really think those tires would be a good match!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Gosh dang those look good. I'm thinking of putting some HiPer wheels on my -5 and I really think those tires would be a good match!

I have been very happy with them!! When I called the manufacture and talked to them they said they were the same design and make as there DOT approved tires but didn't go through all the hoops to be able to put the stamp on the side of the tire which is the what makes a lot of DOT tires more expensive (at least that is what they told me)! I will be doing some more actual off-road testing with them in the next couple weeks....all they have really seen so far is muddy fields and snow...they have been great on that terrain so far. They remind me a lot of some of the tires I ran on my jeeps for off-road.

Reactions: pct
T

Terminator

Feb 24, 2016
manitoba Canada
I can't figure out what is going to fit my needs and desires the best...I live in central Illinios. I use my sxs for everything I can!
I do a decent amount of road riding with it. My parents live 20 miles from us and me and the kids and I will drive it there on the weekends at times and I also have friends within 10 mile radius of me. I also drive around in the country looking for coyotes then chasing them through the field, we pull sleds in the winter and explore, my kids have 2 trx90 and we go camping at off-road parks. Pretty much we do it all with this thing and I do run it pretty hard (FYI which is why I bought a Honda;)) At the off-road trips I like all types of terrain and the different ways/challenges of each type. I have owned jeeps in the past that we off-roaded at parks and out west.
I like the nimbleness/quickness of a sxs (that was drawback to jeeps). In my younger days I did a lot of dirtbike and 4-wheelers riding and missed that in the jeep.

I want a wheel and tire setup that will do it all!:) I don't think I want to go above a 28" tire due to how I feel it will start to take away the quickness and make it feel like my jeeps again? It will be in mud, on rock, and in sand. I would like have the an offset on the wheels that doesn't make it that much, if any, wider. I would like to have a tire that isn't crazy heavy and take away from my top end speed since I cuise down the road a lot.

I really like the MSA M20 Kore wheels (14") and want those to be the ones but not if the fitiment won't work for my needs or if there is a better option. For the tires I have liked the Sedona Rock-a-Billy's and I also like the Kanati Mongrels....

So give me your thoughts and bring on the other options? I don't have experience with sxs tires...Thanks!
I like the zilla tires, they are light and ride good and work good for me on my rincons, thinking about them for my pioneer as the bighorns are not very good in the snow.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!