P500 Tubing to run wires through

C

Chooglin

Bent up some tubing today , to run all my wires through vs. Using a bunch of zip ties to secure all the wires. This should clean up all the wires running along the rops.

20190407 114528

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Bent up some tubing today , to run all my wires through vs. Using a bunch of zip ties to secure all the wires. This should clean up all the wires running along the rops.

View attachment 121190
Very nice, painted black presumably.

What will you be selling them for.....:)

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good thought on conduit @Chooglin . Since I’ve added several roof area electrical items over the years (rear light, audio pod and 2 way radio), if I had to do it again, would use your conduit idea but would try to route from near the battery box feed, upward along rear ROPS passenger side to roof area and then along inside ROPS to front. That would have eliminated my side mirror/windshield clamp/wire interference issues with the front ROPS route. Coming from the back instead of the front, less visible. Just thinking..whish I had your idea 2 years ago.

CFF46289 EF0F 4BA5 BEBF 9541BA7BC890

Last edited:
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes painted black and I don't think I will be selling these.

I am not liking the gap between the tubing and ROPS , so I need to get that figured out and still be able to remove the clamps for the winshield !

What about thru the ROPS and use wire loom to run the whites thru?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
What about thru the ROPS and use wire loom to run the whites thru?
My other brand machine has factory holes for that. Guess they think no compromise of ROPS strength. Looks better hidden.

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Good thought on conduit @Chooglin . Since I’ve added several roof area electrical items over the years (rear light, audio pod and 2 way radio), if I had to do it again, would use your conduit idea but would try to route from near the battery box feed, upward along rear ROPS passenger side to roof area and then along inside ROPS to front. That would have eliminated my side mirror/windshield clamp/wire interference issues with the front ROPS route. Coming from the back instead of the front, less visible. Just thinking..

View attachment 122075
Good thought but my fuse block is under the hood. All my wires run off of that. If it wasn't for those winshield clamps , this would have been easy..........I will figure something out , I hope :)

Reactions: Mudder and mrjeff42
advertisement
Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes painted black and I don't think I will be selling these.

I am not liking the gap between the tubing and ROPS , so I need to get that figured out and still be able to remove the clamps for the winshield !
Yes Chooglin, I hate wiring. I install all the wiring in Transit buses where I work at. Radios, fare boxes, tablets, Routematch equipment. Fun, Fun,Fun.
3A9475F6 9943 4911 B841 73C76DE15699

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes Chooglin, I hate wiring. I install all the wiring in Transit buses where I work at. Radios, fare boxes, tablets, Routematch equipment. Fun, Fun,Fun.View attachment 122140
Yeah but you must have the neatest and most professional wiring job on your P5!!! :cool:

Reactions: Chooglin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!