P1000 Tuners...

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am starting to see a lot of "email tunes" claiming more power etc. Anyone seen any Dyno sheets? I can see maybe changing fan cut on or shift points etc, or tuning after engine mods....

Thoughts on stock rigs?

Reactions: Plumber32
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am starting to see a lot of "email tunes" claiming more power etc. Anyone seen any Dyno sheets? I can see maybe changing fan cut on or shift points etc, or tuning after engine mods....

Thoughts on stock rigs?

I'm looking forward to hooking up the PV3 this weekend and checking out what we can change

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep us informed. Nothing wrong with mine, but curious to see what can be done.

Reactions: 1Ktrailrider
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Toddacimer, will the PV3 save your stock tune so you can go back to it? I need to look into this deeper.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome! Looks like I will be getting the PV3!

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the PV3 a couple weeks ago and have no complaints. The DynoJet tune changed the shift pattern to be more aggressive, but not as much as sport mode. It also increased max RPM by 300 to 8300, but I rarely go there. And it looks to my casual eye that it leaned out the fuel/air ratio slightly. You can easily compare the stock and tune files in the free Power Core software. You can also change all these settings on your computer if you wish, load it into the PV3, and reflash (takes 5 minutes--make sure your battery is fully charged). Mine seems to start better and idle smoother and run a little peppier, all good since I'm about 350# heavier than stock. Hard to say if it provides more HP and torque without reflashing and racing myself. By the way, the OBD port is underneath the middle seat. I started looking under the driver seat and pulled the storage bin and caused extra work.

I look forward to hearing more about this tune from those experienced with fuel/air tuning.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not ot meaning to start a drama fest like is going on right now on Facebook...

One tuner is claiming to double HP and torque at 2500 rpm and 5-15% on top end.

Double at 2500 rpm? I would be happy with 25% at 2500 rpm .

AZRocks, what does your midrange feel like tuned?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

"double HP and torque at 2500 rpm" not happening with a tune and not even remotely close to that, 5-10% yes. Pretty sure several guys selling tunes don't even have a dyno.

advertisement
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the PV3 and tune from Zachary Morris. No I don’t dyno nor will I but I will tell you I feel a huge difference low end and if I had to put a # on it I’d say 25-30% better. And soon as I have time to data log and send to him he will fine tune it and says I will get more. My numbers may be off but I’m telling you that’s what it feels like and that’s what matters to me. Well worth the money and the service has been top notch for me. I actually have a buddy driving over to meet him tomorrow to pick up some parts we bought from him for both of our Pioneers and was too expensive to ship.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats a good report then! I was very interested in his tunes but not his way of communicating. I know i can be an asshole at times so i was seriously trying to mind my mannera, just wanted to know how he quantified his numbers other than "wheelies on pump gas".

How is the tune in Low range? What do you feel changed the most with his tune? High range? Both?

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes until you talk about buying or do buy he’s a little rough, think he feels like people are questioning his work when they ask questions. I have 30% portals so I only use low range when I really bad stuff. High range now is like low range used to be. It reacts so much quicker and stronger now in every situation I’ve had it in ad so far I haven’t found anything I can’t spin the tires in. She the tires get clogged up the reverse shifting is awesome to give you wheel speed to clean them out. I have 32” tires now and I did all this to prepare for 35” tires that I will have on this weekend. Can’t ride since I have the TCP radiator setup to change but hope to ride next week and will report with 35’s

437E60A0 D0F0 48E7 8B5E 0AB70F8009E0 E53C7B28 0AD1 4AC7 9F06 8FC42568DBB2 91EDB206 803A 415C B074 0EE2699AB68A

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont run mud, but steep climbs and rocks. Lot of low gear stuff. Yes I question ANY tuners work and methods before i spend money. Part of the process.

Looking like we do have some power available.

Thanks for your input!

Reactions: TripleB
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I get it, wasn’t saying you shouldn’t question but like another guy here told me “I’ve never met a good tuner who didn’t think his sh!t didn’t stink”. So I just ignore the way he talks to other people but to be honest he has been great with me since the beginning. Him and his brother answered every question I had before I bought. Much more than I can say for Silber who I also bought a tune from

Last edited:
Reactions: GPR1500SC
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5

To me it feels like it has more grunt at low-mid RPM. It just feels to be a more responsive motor with this tune, even taking into account the later up shifts. I download GPS Race Timer app to try some 0-40 runs stock/tune comparisons, but haven't got to it yet. Also heading up north soon to the normal stomping grounds to see how it runs. Forgot to mention the tune also advances the timing a couple degrees but sounds good, no knock, though I am often running some premium in it because that's what I feed to the F-150 Ecoboost tune. Time will tell as more P1Kers try this out.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I dont run mud, but steep climbs and rocks. Lot of low gear stuff. Yes I question ANY tuners work and methods before i spend money. Part of the process.

Looking like we do have some power available.

Thanks for your input!
No Cook's or tuners will share there secret recipe!
I will leak a little he is modding the file with other software he is using the Vision to load his moded file I could leak a little more but I don't want him to shoot me. LOL

Nobody can tune a X4 yet. They can 😀 you are not going to get the same results that they are getting, if you just buy a Vision 3 and change the available tables. 😀😀😀

He called me at 11:00 Pm last night on his way home he said they are swapped and don't reach around.
Hopefully this helps explain a little.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buddy is meeting Zachary now to pick up wheels, tires, portals and Cfab arms. They both drove 7hrs to meet because shipping would have been insane. Great guy to work with.

Reactions: TripleB
B

Bdavis1

Jul 28, 2019
Lacombe LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
X2. Zach flashed my PCM, it worked much better than expected. I have now sent him bike to get the head ported, milled, and new can installed. He actually picked it up on the way back from dropping off those c-fab arms. Really good dude. I’m looking forward to getting mine back & seeing how well she does with beast mode.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With all this extra power, who is going to be the first to add bigger brakes?

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!