Tusk aramid tires

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Anyone using them and can give some pros/cons?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I had high hopes for them on the Pioneer.
I have replaced 6 since 2019. Mostly tire pinches and currently one has 2 knots in the side. I have my final replacement here and will not be ordering another.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I could not get them to seal on bead locks because the tire bead ring was to thin. Sold them for what i could get, won't make that mistake again. Currently running goodyear authority's from walmart at about $120 each, will do it again as these wear out.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel and CID
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
My buddy and I run them and are Very happy with them.
IMG 6416
IMG 6418

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
Been running the 30x10/15 on beadlocks from day 1. No problems. Will probably buy another set. Work good on rocks and sand when let down, and go down the pavement just fine at 60 mph

Reactions: Teebow and IDIOT
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
30x10x15s non-beadlocks here, with usually 11-12 PSI and a 32oz bottle of FlatOut in 'em. While they do wear much better than stock, they are still softer tires that the locked rear axle on pavement eats for breakfast. I do a lot of high speed street driving to get to some trails though, and I'm addicted to drifting through the turns on the sandy/gravely trails I mostly run. After about 5k miles, I did get a small sidewall puncture that the tire goo stopped; it likely would have happened to any tire, but these got me home safe. That tire was about 3/4 worn, so I wasn't too upset with having to toss it. The 10 ply construction does seem strong enough for me to go out alone into the wilderness and not worry about getting stuck with a flat, that's why I chose them.

In snow, they will take me up mountains until I'm on the skidplate. I don't have deep gumbo mud here, but they will get me through the slicker-than-owl-snot stuff I do see without issue or drama, usually in 2WD. 5 of 6 balanced just fine, with the 6th needing extra weight to get close, and the shop couldn't get it perfect even using the roadforce thingy. That tire works fine, though, at 55 MPH on the road, and I don't even notice it on the trail. I will likely keep buying them as I haven't run into any negatives yet.

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
What also works very well for a tire sealer is sta flo liquid starch. You can only get it at Walmart. $3 for 65 oz.

Reactions: Teebow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!