P1000 Tusk metal roof with SATV Flip up roof mod

H

HotShot848

Dec 10, 2019
Visalia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone,

So my first add-on to my 2020 1000-5 was the SATV flip up windshield to keep the wife and kids happy with no wind in their faces. I then added the Tusk metal roof which im very happy with.

One thing that I read on Rockymountainatv when I bought the roof is that I would need to add 3/8" spacers to the roof mounts to work with the windshield. I didn't want to go that route.

My solution was to make some L brackets to mount the top bracket of the windshield. I used the top corner net mounting hole since I removed my front nets. So far, this set up is working great. I added lock washers to the net mounting bolt and used grade 8 bolts for the top of the L bracket.

Just wanted to start a thread in case anyone else has ran into this issue. I'll attach photos of the set up.

20200126 163847 20200201 095126 20200201 095144 20200201 095119

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea. I ran into the same deal with the same windshield and a Kolpin metal roof. Went about it in a different way. One thing I got with the metal roof is some metal on metal squeaking which I solved with nylon washers between the roof and roll bar clamp.

Reactions: HotShot848
H

HotShot848

Dec 10, 2019
Visalia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea. I ran into the same deal with the same windshield and a Kolpin metal roof. Went about it in a different way. One thing I got with the metal roof is some metal on metal squeaking which I solved with nylon washers between the roof and roll bar clamp.

I haven't taken it on a trip yet, but will on Monday. I'll give an update of fit, finish and function. The tusk roof is 1/8" thick and very sturdy. I picked tusk for the water run off edges like gutters.

I do want to add larger diameter washers to the top side of the roof to ensure in leaks from the oblong mounting holes.

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish I'd have known about this before I bought mine, would have gone with the Tusk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!