BOX1

P1000 Tusk terrabites squirrely

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added some 28's Tusk Terrabites with Tusk rims on my P1000-5 (1" spacer on back) was hoping it would improve especially the street driving, however it now feels super squirrely almost like driving something that is top heavy. My buddy who has a new Polaris ranger 6 seater and he just commented on the exact feel with these tires, he is selling his now. I am hoping to get them dialed in as it seems not inline with the well liked comments on the forum, I will add some 2" spacers and moving 1" up front, however wondering if this might be more related to the amount of tire pressure (12PSI)..so wondering what other are running or maybe the tire needs to wear down a bit...any suggestions, somewhat baffled???

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have ran 28's and now 30's on factory rims with 1" front and 1.5" rear spacers.
They seems to run well and lasted decently considering the amount of pavement I have ran.
Seemed fine for the most part dirt or pavement.

I bent a tie rod few trips ago. I never completely aligned them after that.
This last trip, it was all over the place on the roads.
During a break, I adjusted it and now its back to smooth.

How would I go about getting it toe'd out? Anyways thanks for responses
To do this, you need to turn the tie rod IN or OUT.
Loosen the lock nut and turn the rod one way or the other to get it straight.
I forget what specs call for. I like mine as close to straight as I can eyeball it.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most people in here like to run them a little toe-in, while it's generally understood that they ship with toe-out (sometimes quite a lot.)

I run 1/4 to 3/16 toe in, and mine tracks nice and firm.

Reactions: TimG and Lady01
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those Terrabytes have the light truck all terrain style, like my Maxxis Liberties (that I run a little toe-in.)

Reactions: TimG and Lady01
D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Somewhat of a mixed bag toe in or out, just try it or what is the consensus...if any ;)

Reactions: TimG
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I made mine pretty much straight, maybe a little toed out. I use a string method like this and just measure between tires.

Toe in made my machine want to wander in the dirt, and almost dangerous on the ice. The back end always wanted to come around.

Just try a couple settings. It only takes 10 min to adjust both sides.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I made mine pretty much straight, maybe a little toed out. I use a string method like this and just measure between tires.

Toe in made my machine want to wander in the dirt, and almost dangerous on the ice. The back end always wanted to come around.
Just try a couple settings. It only takes 10 min to adjust both sides.

View attachment 299547
I need to see more of that machine. It looks like one bad ass pioneer lol

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Somewhat of a mixed bag toe in or out, just try it or what is the consensus...if any ;)
Shoot for zero and adjust if needed from there to your liking. I had Terrabites on the P5 for a while and loved them. I'd guess your alignment is off quite a bit in one way or the other.

Reactions: Lady01 and TimG
bulpitt62b

bulpitt62b

Mar 22, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How would I go about getting it toe'd out? Anyways thanks for responses
First thing you need to do is center the steering box. Turn the wheel full lock to one direction, then count the steering wheel revolutions to the other direction, then turn half as many turns back so the box is centered. Next string lines on jack stands as pictured above. This part is very important to be as square with the rear end as possible. Once your strings are square with the machine, you can start adjusting with the tie rods. I’d set both front tires up perfectly square with the rear tires for your baseline, then adjust each for a 1/16 to an 1/8 toe out for a total of an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch toe out. Don’t forget to lock the tie rods down once you’re finished with the adjustments. If you don’t like it, keep adjusting until it feels stable.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!