pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have mine mounted on 15x7 I haven't measured how wide but I will and post it next time i'm out it the shop

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
29” or 30” tusk warthogs with 2” lift on stock wheels? Don’t wanna add spacers.

Reactions: KyRick
KyRick

KyRick

Apr 23, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
29” or 30” tusk warthogs with 2” lift on stock wheels? Don’t wanna add spacers.
Im facing the same dilemma. Ready to order Warthogs but unsure which size to get for my deluxe rims. If they run an inch short like some say then I know the 29" will work and possibly the 30" without rubbing too bad. Im adding the Hilifter 2.5" bracket lift and spacers (1" on front, 1.5" on back) this weekend and get another measurement after that. Id like to get the 30" x 10-14 all around but don't know how tall they will be after mounting. And if the front on the narrower rims will be the same height as the rear on the wider rims. Also is there any disadvantage like traction wise going from 11" wide in back to 10"?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im facing the same dilemma. Ready to order Warthogs but unsure which size to get for my deluxe rims. If they run an inch short like some say then I know the 29" will work and possibly the 30" without rubbing too bad. Im adding the Hilifter 2.5" bracket lift and spacers (1" on front, 1.5" on back) this weekend and get another measurement after that. Id like to get the 30" x 10-14 all around but don't know how tall they will be after mounting. And if the front on the narrower rims will be the same height as the rear on the wider rims. Also is there any disadvantage like traction wise going from 11" wide in back to 10"?
My 30s are 28 7/8ths @10lbs on 14x7 wheels.

Reactions: Plumber32 and pct
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I have 29" warthogs with HL lift and they have rubbed once. I wouldn't recommend 30" versions as I think they would rub without forward A-Arms

K

KenandCen

Apr 12, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have experience with them? Shopping around for hoping to pick up a set of tires black friday/ cyber monday. Wasnt even looking for these, but price got my attention. Not much out there on them. But the tusk terrabites have been getting great reviews, there are supposed to be just a little more aggressive version of those.. and I can get 29" for under $500

View attachment 58300

I ordered warthogs on braven rims from Rocky Mountain earlier this spring and have experienced the tires slipping on the rims (non bead lock). The bead slip is bad enough for the tires to go flat. RMATV has replaced my left rear twice and now both rear tires are losing air again. I run 14 psi and never drive on any aggressive rocks etc. only on dirt and pavement. And I drive pretty easy. The original Maxxis tires did not slip or lose air ever. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? I guess I’ll send all 4 back for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar406
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not had any problems yet but I haven't had them out in much rough stuff yet but i do have beadlock wheels

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered warthogs on braven rims from Rocky Mountain earlier this spring and have experienced the tires slipping on the rims (non bead lock). The bead slip is bad enough for the tires to go flat. RMATV has replaced my left rear twice and now both rear tires are losing air again. I run 14 psi and never drive on any aggressive rocks etc. only on dirt and pavement. And I drive pretty easy. The original Maxxis tires did not slip or lose air ever. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? I guess I’ll send all 4 back for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What wheels are you running them on?

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sti 15" 5-2 offset 100 5951

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It could be the wheels

DoubleDoc

DoubleDoc

Mar 28, 2017
Gods Country (Montana)
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed a set of 4 28x10x14 Warthogs. Our 2.0 Bighorns lasted about 3k on my 2016 P1K5 - with the fronts prematurely wearing. We drive quite a bit on packed roads/rock and some highway miles (small percentage of our driving). Honda tech that did our recalls and mounted the Warthogs for us said he sees a lot of premature front tire wear. Now that I have the same size on all four corners I can rotate tires and see if that will help. Great tire - fantastic price (Rocky Mountain ATV) They ride stiff - have them at 10 PSI now and may drop them to 8?

Photo0 1

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just installed a set of 4 28x10x14 Warthogs. Our 2.0 Bighorns lasted about 3k on my 2016 P1K5 - with the fronts prematurely wearing. We drive quite a bit on packed roads/rock and some highway miles (small percentage of our driving). Honda tech that did our recalls and mounted the Warthogs for us said he sees a lot of premature front tire wear. Now that I have the same size on all four corners I can rotate tires and see if that will help. Great tire - fantastic price (Rocky Mountain ATV) They ride stiff - have them at 10 PSI now and may drop them to 8?

View attachment 77506
Have you checked toe in? Or is it just the angle of the picture?

DoubleDoc

DoubleDoc

Mar 28, 2017
Gods Country (Montana)
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked toe in? Or is it just the angle of the picture?

Yes Sir we did. That was what started the conversation the tech and I had. I think this picture exagerates the view. The Honda tech said all is in-spec, and with further (over adjustment) of the cast /camber/toe in and out - could cause the machine to handle adversely. I need to watch for early, premature wear.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes Sir we did. That was what started the conversation the tech and I had. I think this picture exagerates the view. The Honda tech said all is in-spec, and with further (over adjustment) of the cast /camber/toe in and out - could cause the machine to handle adversely. I need to watch for early, premature wear.
Honda sets them up with toe out, to keep them from digging into a corner and flopping, with inexperienced riders. He was holding the company line. Check it your self! One of the first things I did, results were 1.5 inches of toe out and that was within Honda specs? I'm running 1/16 each side = 1/8 total toe in and love it, better check it after I hit that tree, HA! Only one thing that causes premature wear on the front tire, alinement issues!

Reactions: pct and DoubleDoc
DoubleDoc

DoubleDoc

Mar 28, 2017
Gods Country (Montana)
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda sets them up with toe out, to keep them from digging into a corner and flopping, with inexperienced riders. He was holding the company line. Check it your self! One of the first things I did, results were 1.5 inches of toe out and that was within Honda specs? I'm running 1/16 each side = 1/8 total toe in and love it, better check it after I hit that tree, HA! Only one thing that causes premature wear on the front tire, alinement issues!
I will do just that! Thank you for the heads up.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hear I go again talking to my self! A Hillbilly way to check alinement is to drive down a straight dirt, not gravel road after a rain, steer as straight as possible, stop real slow and look at your tracks, compare rear tracks to front tracks, bet the front tracks tread pattern is messed up, that is how I fine tuned the rears when I installed the Supper ATV A arms, drives great!

Reactions: pct and Plumber32
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 77506
If you are running stock Honda 14" rims, you cannot rotate them. Rims are different widths.

M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are running stock Honda 14" rims, you cannot rotate them. Rims are different widths.

I think I may have screwed up...I bought (4) 27/11/14 warthog tires...my intention was to simply reuse the rims from my 16 1000-5 deluxe....but in doing some research here I do not think they will work. Any suggestions...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!