P1000 Under dash cubby mount

SBarben

SBarben

Jun 23, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased an aftermarket under dash storage shelf for my 1000-5, it fastens along the top through pre-existing push-pin holes just below the steering wheel and glove box. The bottom has to be drilled. The problem is that when you push the unit up into place and try to push the old pins back in, they are not long enough because now you’re going through 3 layers of material. Are there longer pins available or does anyone have a quick solution for this?
One additional remark, if you have a heater, this shelf won’t work unless you’re a handy fabricator. When it’s in place, it covers two of the heat vents 😤

H

HondaTech

I recently purchased an aftermarket under dash storage shelf for my 1000-5, it fastens along the top through pre-existing push-pin holes just below the steering wheel and glove box. The bottom has to be drilled. The problem is that when you push the unit up into place and try to push the old pins back in, they are not long enough because now you’re going through 3 layers of material. Are there longer pins available or does anyone have a quick solution for this?
One additional remark, if you have a heater, this shelf won’t work unless you’re a handy fabricator. When it’s in place, it covers two of the heat vents 😤

I belive Honda includes longer pins with their version of the under dash storage ad on.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine came with the new pins that are longer, took 10 mins to install. Did you get the Honda version or a nock off?

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put the knock off one on couple weeks ago had zero problems. Used the original pins that I removed and the new pins in the new drilled holes

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!