P500 Under hood and battery box wiring photos?

M

mikear

Oct 18, 2019
Ok
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to see how you guys are wiring your accessories under the hood and in the battery box. Where are you putting the relays, fuse blocks, etc?

Ordered a 6 circuit blue sea fuse block (for under the hood) and a Bussmann breaker to feed the 6AWG from the battery. I assume you all are placing the breaker near the battery to protect the majority of the conductor?

Any other nifty wiring layouts, routing, or techniques are appreciated!

I’d like to keep the wiring as clean and professional as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: trigger
C

Chooglin

My fuse block is powered off of the winch contactor , this saves you from running two more wires back to the battery. I have a relay mounted under the hood for my cube lights and a relay mounted in the battery box for the front and rear marker lights.
Screenshot 2019 03 23 09 44 34
Cube lights
Screenshot 2018 02 13 11 16 44
Rear lights
20190407 135641
Switch to kill all power to fuse block
Screenshot 20191104 181849 Gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikear

Oct 18, 2019
Ok
Ownership

1. 500
My fuse block is powered off of the winch contactor , this saves you from running two more wires back to the battery. I have a relay mounted under the hood for my cube lights and a relay mounted in the battery box for the front and rear marker lights.

Looks like the fuse block I have on order.

I’m not installing a winch right now, but I will be running both a 6AWG (+) and (-) from the battery for the fuse block. Therefore, when I do add a winch I’ll have the wiring available and can make a jumper to or from the contactor like you have done.

Did you screw the fuse block directly to the crossmember? Also, do you have any pictures of the relay in your battery box, and do you have a circuit breaker feeding your contactor/fuse block? If so, where is it located?

Thanks for the photos and info!

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Looks like the fuse block I have on order.

I’m not installing a winch right now, but I will be running both a 6AWG (+) and (-) from the battery for the fuse block. Therefore, when I do add a winch I’ll have the wiring available and can make a jumper to or from the contactor like you have done.

Did you screw the fuse block directly to the crossmember? Also, do you have any pictures of the relay in your battery box, and do you have a circuit breaker feeding your contactor/fuse block? If so, where is it located?

Thanks for the photos and info!
Yes fuse block is screwed to the cross bar (2 screws) and no circuit breaker in line.

I dont have any pics of the relay in the box.

I bought a wire harness similar to this one. It has the relay,switch and fuse all in one.

LED Light Wiring Harness with Relay and Weatherproof Switch - Dual Output - DT Connector | Super Bright LEDs

Reactions: mikear
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I installed a resettable circuit breaker under the hood then ran a hot and ground from the battery to there. Everything is powered from there and a Honda pigtale.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Put most of my stuff in a 50 cal steel ammo box under the hood on an aluminum plate. Odyssey 925C AGM battery inside box with resettable breaker along with mini fuse block. It fits pretty snug, so far has worked for my needs, although I have only bare essentials such as LED lights, Winch, plough, no stereo, no heater or E steering. If I were to do it over would probably put an even larger Odyssey AGM in H2O battery box under driver’s seat, with skid plate to protect in that way have lots of room for wiring, battery etc. I’m very happy with way mine turned out and can’t really see changing over as it works great. Should be pix in link. Also used Blue Sea Mini Auxiliary dual battery kit, has worked wicked, quality product.
Cheers,
j

Last edited:
M

mikear

Oct 18, 2019
Ok
Ownership

1. 500
Here are a couple photos of the wiring I ended up with. Keep the pictures coming, I like to see everyone’s ideas.

34ac0801ceea5c79c2d1e1e2afc17dae4a01dc5bf5dd2f103458daf4f66feddc1f5ad7fef657df4bf56e9f50d7b89bce26206dca05aa25c3d46489a392b41e9d

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
blue sea bus bar and cut off switch on power to it. The winch wireless controller kept running batter down if not ridden frequently.

IMG 8846 File 17

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!