BOX1

P1000 Under hood wire management

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got alot going on under my hood. The following are under there:

Two batteries
Isolator
Winch, light bar & key on relays (for fuse box)
100a disconnect
Key on fuse box
Always on fuse box
Negative & key on positive buss bars
60a fuse holder for amplifiers
Crap ton of wiring

Looking for pictures/ideas for wire management under there. Seems I'm never finished, always adding or cleaning up. I for sure need to shorten some wire lengths where possible.

This is what it currently looks like:
20180903 132550

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I made a plate to mount all of the electrical components in one spot. I made kind of a harness that wraps to the other side of the compartment (near the starter solenoid where I’m grabbing power for a few things). If I unbolt the plate, I can lay it and all of the wiring to the side out of the way.

4902974C 95DD 45F3 8FE9 122E389FD6FB

Muhkan51

Muhkan51

Love this thing!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I made a plate to mount all of the electrical components in one spot. I made kind of a harness that wraps to the other side of the compartment (near the starter solenoid where I’m grabbing power for a few things). If I unbolt the plate, I can lay it and all of the wiring to the side out of the way.

View attachment 85931
WoW!

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks like some nice work! I see that you used the same Bussman fuse/relay box I did.

Thanks! It is a pretty cool they have this stuff available. Nice to have a sealed unit for what these things get used for.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DIY - Build and install a Bussmann RTMR Fuse/Relay Block

I finally found the tutorial that I followed to do the majority of the bussmann. I wanted to give this guy credit for the amount of work that it took to write up something and help others out. It is packed with resources and how to's. I don't know what happened to the other blog site of his that I had bookmarked but it doesn't work anymore.

renosxs

renosxs

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2017
reno, nv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
excellent source of information, wish I had this before starting. Good news is that I used items on the link. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: BWAF
WhitJo

WhitJo

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2018
Mtns of East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dual battery install has been completed for awhile...
I haven't had time to add any accessories except the turn signal kit...but it's ready

Here's a short clip of the Tru isolator in action...works perfectly

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!