P1000 Underseat barrier

J

Jshell3

Do the 16's have this rubber barrier under the seat?
I know Honda said it did something to combat the seat heat on the 17's... is this it?
IMG 4468
IMG 4469

I got a bilge fan coming, so I pulled the seat to check out the work area, but this rubber was there held by like 8 or 9 push body rivets.

So I put the seat back on. Lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yup.. that's it. I'd suggest a heat shield sold by @Bayouownbeer.. I had some material left over from the 500 and made my own. But it was just as cheap to order dad's heat shield from bayouownbeer than to buy the material and his fits better.
The one the Honda dealer installed has a pretty thick aluminum heat shield between the insulation and motor, just don't come up far enough, needs to come up the back of the seat. I think the real cure is, snorkel right off the air box,terminate at the roof behind middle ROPS, use existing air duct for duct and mount fan under hood and shoot directly on headers

Reactions: JTW
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup.. that's it. I'd suggest a heat shield sold by @Bayouownbeer.. I had some material left over from the 500 and made my own. But it was just as cheap to order dad's heat shield from bayouownbeer than to buy the material and his fits better.
Thanks for reference bud

J

JTW

Thanks for reference bud
No problem.. I had pieces and parts already or I would have ordered my vent lines from you as well.. I've found the same to be true with them. If I had to buy all the hose and fittings, I would have been better off ordering from you.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for reference bud
Was that yours? The air box really channels a lot of heat up the back of the seat and out. I insulated the back of the air box and all of the rear floor boards, helped a lot. Still get some heat through the plastic between seats, steam flash is still there, not nearly as bad, not to worried too about a burn now. Wonder if a transmission cooler would help up front?

WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2016 has the rubber all the way across also, but I just bought a heat shield from @Bayouownbeer also hope this helps. If not may try a fan like every one else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jshell3
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did my shielding and venting a long time ago but checked out your ebay out of curiosity.
Someone is copying your products and listing on ebay ? That's low !
Yeah man !