Unique to the Market: A true Step Kicker!

M

MTDreams

Jul 25, 2023
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Greetings fellow Talon owners,

My wife is under 5' Once I put 30" tires on the Talon she sort of 'climbs' into our rig. She started carrying a folding step stool.

I searched high and wide. None of the kickers I found had a step. In fact many had two tubes coming together at the front making it even more difficult to use as a step (rounded tubes=slippery toe hold). They also were tucked up under the front leaving little room for a foot/toe.

I've been communicating with 10-80 Dirt Sports about this STEP KICKER. I was excited to receive emails with pcitures as he iterated on the fabrication. They are prepared to start taking orders.

Brian has been fantastic to work with. Near instantaneous replies indicates amazing customer service. I'm ordering with the textured black Powder. Hope some of you will support his innovation too!

NOTE: I am not affiliated with 10-80 nor am I a professional marketer. :D

Fits:

'19 – Current Talon 1000X/R, Fox & Fox Live Valve, 2 seat models only at this time

Features and Benefits:

• 11 ga. (0.125") steel tube
  • 11 ga. (0.125") steel checker plate step surface
  • 1/4" steel mounting plates
  • Includes Class 10 mounting bolts and nuts
  • Mig welded with CNC bent and laser cut tubes and plates
  • Sold as raw steel or blasted, primed and powder coated for a durable finish to match your model Talon (powder coat does require additional cost)
53dc22 6bbd078e3afd466dafa6cb99437ce4c4mv2

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me that would never work.I jump to many trees.Think about making something for her out of wood that layes on the ground.Then when shes in toss in the back.Getting out wont be a problem.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
S

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
With mud on that step its going to be slicker than ............ It needs to have an open tread of some sort.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Your wife, your buggy, your money. None of my business but I wouldn't add a bunch of mismatched metal to your Talon that might hit rocks or logs on a trail, even hang you up.

I would use a simple, light weight plastic folding step stool like this:

Your wife could use it to climb in, sit down, then reach down and grab the stool, fold it up, and store it behind her seat.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
With mud on that step its going to be slicker than ............ It needs to have an open tread of some sort.
I considered this but any flat surface will hold mud. My father-in-law has custom-made steps with holes down the center and they hold almost the same amount of mud. Adding mud flaps is the only solution.

Reactions: 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!