P500 Unsupervised usage....

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So my Darlin' wife was buzzing around on P5 a couple weeks ago at the fishing camp and happened to pull on the reverse lever and yanked it right off breaking the plastic. Course she was pretty upset as she thinks I love P5 more than her (... it is one of my favourite pets albeit, I'd trade it off before her...) and moreover she was worried we'd have no reverse. I can't believe she fretted about telling me for a couple hours... Hahahaa too funny, it's just a part, no blood, no one is shooting, no worries. It amazes me sometimes what goes through their minds.... I've never gotten angry with her for mashing anything! Sheeeit happens, long as no one gets skuffed who cares, lesson learned buy new parts....fix it and press on. The good news, because of this site, I adjusted the cable under the hood and now there is no need for the silly cable release at all. Will order a new lever, just keep forgetting. Man is it nice to not have to pull the lever. Any long term implication if I keep it adjusted this way to NOT have to pull on the dang thing? God knows I probably should just order a case lot of the flimsy things....

j

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You can't let an opportunity like this pass by.
Explain to her that when the lever broke the homogenizer slipped and exposed the oscillator. All you need is a hard top and some new LED's to make it good as new.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Explain to her that when the lever broke the homogenizer slipped and exposed the oscillator. All you need is a hard top and some new LED's to make it good as new.
I agree. Take this advice. lol.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Shouldn't be any long term effects as long as you are careful about it and not reckless downshifting into R while still moving.
We did this mod on my Fourtrx 300 and Foreman back in the years so you didn't have to push the red button. Worked great.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can this work on the Foreman?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

Hahaha..... Too true Gator, unfortunately I've used that strategy with my 7.3 power stroke trucks..... E.g., Way safer passing with the T trailer (kids and family), having bigger injectors, turbo, performance chip bla bla... That was years ago now and she is so onto me in that regard, she IS a smarty pants. I maybe able to guilt though, as I do need some forward LED's..... Mmmm no unsupervised night driving without more lights....we do need greater light now and to be extra careful, as there is no reverse lockout (as it was broken :rolleyes:) and the replacement handle is HUGE dough, frickin Honda.... Might be better putting dough into LED lights..... Ya ya I'll try THAT! Thanks! Bahahaha least it'll be good for a laugh casting at her just for fun.
Typically in our house if you need something, you just go get it, she is awesome about that, I'm so lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Which then compromised the hoople adapter!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hahaha..... Too true Gator, unfortunately I've used that strategy with my 7.3 power stroke trucks..... E.g., Way safer passing with the T trailer (kids and family), having bigger injectors, turbo, performance chip bla bla... That was years ago now and she is so onto me in that regard, she IS a smarty pants. I maybe able to guilt though, as I do need some forward LED's..... Mmmm no unsupervised night driving without more lights....we do need greater light now and to be extra careful, as there is no reverse lockout (as it was broken :rolleyes:) and the replacement handle is HUGE dough, frickin Honda.... Might be better putting dough into LED lights..... Ya ya I'll try THAT! Thanks! Bahahaha least it'll be good for a laugh casting at her just for fun.
Typically in our house if you need something, you just go get it, she is awesome about that, I'm so lucky.
I keep hearing good things about Canadian women. Btw, did you check out your power saw thread?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Yup she's a keeper for sure, I married way up! Actually surprised she keeps me around, I told her no way was she getting tractor seat time on the lawn mower.... Ther'd be no need for the old guy if she got that figured out, I hide the key :D.

j

Reactions: maddmax
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yup she's a keeper for sure, I married way up! Actually surprised she keeps me around, I told her no way was she getting tractor seat time on the lawn mower.... Ther'd be no need for the old guy if she got that figured out, I hide the key :D.

j
Selling yourself short eh? Glad you got a good egg though.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, There are several ways. Best way is just to adjust the cable so its "always pulled". No longer will you need to push the red button.

WTF: 30 years wrestling with that red button and I could have adjusted the cable. I'm such an idiot.

Reactions: joeymt33
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can definitely see the advantage of making the adjustment to the cable while pushing snow on the foreman! May just have to try it if I do not pull the trigger on a set up for the P1K5:)

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
So my Darlin' wife was buzzing around on P5 a couple weeks ago at the fishing camp and happened to pull on the reverse lever and yanked it right off breaking the plastic. Course she was pretty upset as she thinks I love P5 more than her (... it is one of my favourite pets albeit, I'd trade it off before her...) and moreover she was worried we'd have no reverse. I can't believe she fretted about telling me for a couple hours... Hahahaa too funny, it's just a part, no blood, no one is shooting, no worries. It amazes me sometimes what goes through their minds.... I've never gotten angry with her for mashing anything! Sheeeit happens, long as no one gets skuffed who cares, lesson learned buy new parts....fix it and press on. The good news, because of this site, I adjusted the cable under the hood and now there is no need for the silly cable release at all. Will order a new lever, just keep forgetting. Man is it nice to not have to pull the lever. Any long term implication if I keep it adjusted this way to NOT have to pull on the dang thing? God knows I probably should just order a case lot of the flimsy things....

j
I can't agree more about they part when you said "It amazes me sometimes what goes through their minds," just never say it out loud because then they will say "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone have a part number for the Reverse Handle, can't seem to find one.

Thanx,

j

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Thanx,

j
Looked around jrc but can't find it. Did you try calling your dealer?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Thanx,

j

Reactions: Montecresto
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks Eltobgi, Monte I didn't call the dealer yet as locally they usually like an arm...eye... and/or leg. So tried to find online first as a comparison when I call and usually am disappointed and order online anyways Hahahaa. E.g., the stock Honda roof latches here are $20.00 plus shipping and 12% tax. Ordered a dozen from eastern USA think it was last fall landed at my door all in was just under $10.00 as I recall.

Thanks again and for the link too, Eltobgi!

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks Eltobgi, Monte I didn't call the dealer yet as locally they usually like an arm...eye... and/or leg. So tried to find online first as a comparison when I call and usually am disappointed and order online anyways Hahahaa. E.g., the stock Honda roof latches here are $20.00 plus shipping and 12% tax. Ordered a dozen from eastern USA think it was last fall landed at my door all in was just under $10.00 as I recall.

Not a problem happy to help. As a Polaris owner I am very skilled at tracking down parts! :rolleyes:;)

Reactions: JCart
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Lol, I hear that. I just meant to ask them for the part number.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!