Updated Pioneer Stereo

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
I decided to add the two speakers to the rear of the Pioneer 4. Here is the video. Any questions or comments let me know!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sweet set up there mpnoonan. Looks like you got a lot of time into that system but it was well wroth it for sure. Speakers all around provides good sound.
Nice work, like the split windshield and good work on the vid.

M

Maryland

Oct 29, 2013
Did you run the speaker wires yet? I'm hoping they can be run through the roll bars.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I ran the electrical wire thru the roll bars for my aft facing back up light. Wasn't easy, had to use coat hanger wire as the leader to pull the wire thru.
The wire for that light isn't exposed anywhere from where the light is all the way to the front passenger side wheel well.

M

Maryland

Oct 29, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping you were going to say that.

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
I was hoping to run my wires thru the bars but I have 8 to run so I'm just going to run a loom around them

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
I finally got my wires hidden the best I could, and mounted a new Ipod Marine holder in place of the warning plate above the shifter. It's compatible with Ipod touch or Iphones so you can operate the touch screen while its still in the case. This stereo is worth every dime. Video doesn't do it much justice on how loud it gets, I plan on turning the rear speakers outward when I have passengers in the back (its that loud). Got my switchboard installed to run my radio with the key in the off position and also have a Can-Am winch switch installed for when I put my winch in (Honda winch comes with a tethered switch) to make it more accessible and usere friendly. Still brainstorming ideas on where to mount a powered subwoofer and what model of marine powered subwoofer to get. Thanks for looking! And have a Merry Christmas!

A

aubie0626

Jan 31, 2015
i am currently installing a stereo in my Pioneer. How did you power your unit? I had the Honda accessory switch panel added but wasn't sure if I needed a switch or if there was another to power the unit with the ignition. Is the switch the only way to do it?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want a switch I'll send you one. I have a a few extras with various color LEDs, they are used but they work.

There are ways to power it so that it turns on with the ignition, I would not recommend connecting the memory wire unless you ride often or have a large capacity battery. It will run the small 6ahr battery down fairly quickly.

A

aubie0626

Jan 31, 2015
thanks for the help. I am going to pick up the switch today. Did you run your power back to the battery or tap in? I have a terminal block for my winch that I was thinking of using it for my power?

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed my winch contactor under the hood. I pulled power from there to feed my accessories.
I originally had my radio switched but it was extra and pointless. So now it's just powered from my fuse block.

A1c72033587fcc8f79057ceea1772d22

50e837f690b4616f5586c072dd99b963

238771abe02e5d32897aa6fbaa2d9d09

5d3a8a5ad64feb62931f6ebd2fef8ad4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!