P1000 Upgrade from 700-2 to 1000-3. Any regrets.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I currently have a 700-2 and am thinking about buying a 1000-3 EPS
I really do not see a downside except it may cost me a few bucks.
Anyone here that has already upgraded have any regrets or words of wisdom?

Thank you

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I upgraded from a 700-4 to a 1000-5 yesterday. All I can say is, this is what I REALLY wanted and needed from Honda. Sure the 700-4 did 95% of what I asked it to but this is a whole different animal.

If you haven't test driven one, you need to. Unless, you don't want to buy one because test driving means buying it.

Joe

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you haven't test driven one, you need to. Unless, you don't want to buy one because test driving means buying it.
Joe

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I upgraded from a 700-4 to a 1000-5 yesterday. All I can say is, this is what I REALLY wanted and needed from Honda. Sure the 700-4 did 95% of what I asked it to but this is a whole different animal.

Joe
Good to hear. Did you trade in out sell your old machine yourself?

I am also thinking about if I should take the Fox shocks, wheels/tires, plow and winch off the 700 and put it on the 1000. Leaving all the stuff on the 700 would make it easier to sell, but I think I would end up buying those extras again.
I would probably buy the new one, decide what to keep and what not to, then sell the 700 at my own pace. That way I would not be rushing to sell and end up dumping it for too low of a price.

Reactions: Hondasxs
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana

I am also thinking about if I should take the Fox shocks, wheels/tires, plow and winch off the 700 and put it on the 1000. Leaving all the stuff on the 700 would make it easier to sell, but I think I would end up buying those extras again.
I would probably buy the new one, decide what to keep and what not to, then sell the 700 at my own pace. That way I would not be rushing to sell and end up dumping it for too low of a price.
The 700 shocks on the 1000 have already been tried and I don't think it was the solution that it was initially thought it would be. If you are trading anything or selling anything, returning it to stock and selling your aftermarket parts will ALWAYS get you more money. The question is, do you want to spend 3 or 4 hours taking everything off to recoup several hundred dollars? My answer is always a "yes."

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I sold my P700 locally.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Take my advice from experience, i would remove accessories you want. People will not pay extra for what you add to it. They want all the marbles and the sack and jimmy you down to bare bones. I traded mine and took it in the shorts anyway but i got what i wanted. you may find that one person that will spring for the whole sack. Good for you if that happens. Out here in Utah people have so many choices to choose from hard to get your money's worth privately. We have a news site that offers free classified called KSL Classifieds. 3 state search and tons of atv/utv to purchase. This is why it is ss hard to sell.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Take my advice from experience, i would remove accessories you want. People will not pay extra for what you add to it. They want all the marbles and the sack and jimmy you down to bare bones. I traded mine and took it in the shorts anyway but i got what i wanted. you may find that one person that will spring for the whole sack. Good for you if that happens. Out here in Utah people have so many choices to choose from hard to get your money's worth privately. We have a news site that offers free classified called KSL Classifieds. 3 state search and tons of atv/utv to purchase. This is why it is ss hard to sell.
Makes a lot of sense to me.
When I bought my Pioneer 700, I took the wheels, tires, winch off of the Rhino, and put them on the new Honda. Then I sold the Rhino for a pretty good price, will probably do the same this time around.

About the Fox shocks in the 1000.... I know @Plumber32 swapped his over to the new unit, were there others that tried this with less than favorable results? I would really like to put them on the 1000, that would be the ultimate trail/work machine.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I bought my Pioneer 700, I took the wheels, tires, winch off of the Rhino, and put them on the new Honda. Then I sold the Rhino for a pretty good price, will probably do the same this time around.

About the Fox shocks in the 1000.... I know @Plumber32 swapped his over to the new unit, were there others that tried this with less than favorable results? I would really like to put them on the 1000, that would be the ultimate trail/work machine.
WHERE CAN I GET FOX SHOCKS. I cannot find anyone who can tell me what size or part number i need or how to measure for them. i have never done shocks before and would love to " ride on a cloud " so to speak. I have bottomed out a few times in the desert, those washes come up on ya quick. any help much appreciated.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I bought my Pioneer 700, I took the wheels, tires, winch off of the Rhino, and put them on the new Honda. Then I sold the Rhino for a pretty good price, will probably do the same this time around. I
I

still got my 700. Haven't decided to swap to the 1000 or not yet. So my walker evans are still on it. That's a place a guy could call about shocks for the 1000. They are great to talk to. Maybe even make a guy a set?

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
still got my 700. Haven't decided to swap to the 1000 or not yet. So my walker evans are still on it. That's a place a guy could call about shocks for the 1000. They are great to talk to. Maybe even make a guy a set?
Sorry, I meant to tag @CumminsPusher
I know he had swapped the fox shocks over to the 1000

@Plumber32 , sounds like you and I are in the same boat...deciding to pull the trigger or not!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry, I meant to tag @CumminsPusher
I know he had swapped the fox shocks over to the 1000

@Plumber32 , sounds like you and I are in the same boat...deciding to pull the trigger or not!
I think im going to wait for awhile. For what it will cost me to upgrade I almost could just add a wolverine, their selling them under 10 grand here in Wi.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
So here is the pricing I am looking at. Seems like a pretty decent deal to me. Add 864.00 for glass windsheild and soft top/rear panel..

2016 Pioneer 1000 EPS Red

Sale Price- $14,200.00
Freight and prep- $0.00
Document fee- $95.00
Taxable total- $14,295.00
Sales Tax - 6.00%
Tax, Total- $857.70
Title fee- $15.00

Out the door price- $15,167.70

Now to sell the. " old one "

Justin_Pack_SouthernHonda

Justin_Pack_SouthernHonda

Dec 7, 2015
Chattanooga Tn.
www.southernhonda.com

I believe the lug pattern is a little larger on the pioneer 1000 then the 700. (spacing is a little wider apart). If you are trading it in at a dealer then it may be a good idea to take a few things off. If you are selling it to an individual, it really depends on if the accessories have enough "value" to them. Good luck with it, let us know how it goes!

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I believe the lug pattern is a little larger on the pioneer 1000 then the 700. (spacing is a little wider apart). If you are trading it in at a dealer then it may be a good idea to take a few things off. If you are selling it to an individual, it really depends on if the accessories have enough "value" to them. Good luck with it, let us know how it goes!
At this point I have found that nothing from the 700 carries over to the 1000, so I will just sell the 700 with all the accessories on it, and just add new ones to the 1000 as needed. Probably more fun that way as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!