P500 V1 Under Seat Fan

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thought I'd try an install of the Atwood inline 3" e fan along with some 3" aluminum ducting to combat the exhaust heat from under seat area. Initial notion came from reviewing posts in the PK1 forums. Put a manual switch in the dash and linked the power to auxilliary underhood battery. This V1 is not fancy but rather basic wanna try it out first then modify it if it works. E draw with the fan is I think 3 amps or so and it moves 145 Cfm. Have it set up that it pulls air from under driver's side front corner of seat then discharges inline with exhaust system. When I turn the fan on it discharges a significant flow out from under the seat to just infront of driver's rear wheel. Hopefully will carry steam away too. Pix are in my sig link in the under seat folder.

Cheers j

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thought I'd try an install of the Atwood inline 3" e fan along with some 3" aluminum ducting to combat the exhaust heat from under seat area. Initial notion came from reviewing posts in the PK1 forums. Put a manual switch in the dash and linked the power to auxilliary underhood battery. This V1 is not fancy but rather basic wanna try it out first then modify it if it works. E draw with the fan is I think 3 amps or so and it moves 145 Cfm. Have it set up that it pulls air from under driver's side front corner of seat then discharges inline with exhaust system. When I turn the fan on it discharges a significant flow out from under the seat to just infront of driver's rear wheel. Hopefully will carry steam away too. Pix are in my sig link in the under seat folder.

Cheers j
Wow! That sounds cool JCart. I wonder if that could be plumbed with a diverter that would allow a duct in the plastic below the seat front to have that heat stay in the cab in the winter???

Reactions: trigger
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Wow! That sounds cool JCart. I wonder if that could be plumbed with a diverter that would allow a duct in the plastic below the seat front to have that heat stay in the cab in the winter???

Correct that's V2 adaptation. The intent is to see how the Atwood deals with dust and heat, and splashes of water, muck. I specifically located it away from the exhaust heat as practicable as possible yet not too far to create fan in-efficiency. The idea is to test the concept with some miles over hunting season. Then possibly install an under seat vent on the vertical wall (at the back of legs) and reverse the fan to draw warm air... For cooler seasons. For now I am wanting to find a coarse mesh (like plastic pot scrubber pad) to place in the intake to minimize water and mud splashes entering the intake.

Looking forward to giving this a whirl as the heat is most annoying on long uphill pulls, slow trails, with water crossings. Think mine is worse then most as I've not any drain holes in the skid plate, (just the vent), cab install and the rear (in front of rear tires), mud flaps all contribute to reducing are flow under the seat. Last time out ambient air temp was in the high 30's C (excess of 90 F), so the center area and steel on the seat belts was really hot, like too hot to hold onto.

jrc

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!