BOX1

P500 Vee rubber tires?

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
You will be able to ride it in the sugar sand, just not win any acceleration contests. May have to do a little more shifting because it will take some HP and tire speed to stay on top of the sand. Again, very do-able, just don't plan on stellar performance.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
You will be able to ride it in the sugar sand, just not win any acceleration contests. May have to do a little more shifting because it will take some HP and tire speed to stay on top of the sand. Again, very do-able, just don't plan on stellar performance.
So I think your saying the p520 oem tires are not as good as the p500 oem tires in sugar sand.

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My brother in law has a 520 and I an 500. We did a few rides in Ocala National Forrest, before we both change our tires from OEM. I couldn't tell any difference in the machines performance wise. He put wheels and tires off a Rubicon and mine are off a P700 deluxe. Here is a picture of us stopped at the Salt Springs Plaza.

20210705 112317

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
My brother in law has a 520 and I an 500. We did a few rides in Ocala National Forrest, before we both change our tires from OEM. I couldn't tell any difference in the machines performance wise. He put wheels and tires off a Rubicon and mine are off a P700 deluxe. Here is a picture of us stopped at the Salt Springs Plaza.

View attachment 335078
Was there in March doing same thing. The connector trail to salt springs was longer than it looked on the map. I like your wheels and rims.Have you noticed any difference running 25' s? This picture was at rodman dam with wife.

IMG 20220315 154359 hdr

Last edited:
1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
We can tell no difference in the performance of our machines. You can find them pretty cheap. We both paid about $400 for the set. Mine were new with a few miles on them. Most people in Florida are looking to build mud machines.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
We can tell no difference in the performance of our machines. You can find them pretty cheap. We both paid about $400 for the set. Mine were new with a few miles on them. Most people in Florida are looking to build mud machines.
Good to know, thanks for info, I just want to be able to get through what's ahead on the trail and then onto the next adventure.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry HiFive I missed seeing your question. However, I think 1border4manu answered your question- the performance in sand of the stock P500 and P520 tires are about the same. Kind of like I said, the stock tires will do fine in the sand, just don't expect the performance of a paddle tire.

I never drove my P500 in the sand or any type of trail on the stock tires. My friend that I bought it off over did and it did OK. Right after I bought it off him, I drove it around my hay field and said: "those tires have got to go!" I did not care for the body roll experienced with the stock tires. I explain the feeling of like you are driving on slices of bologna - its semi-solid feeling and wiggly. I had a set of Good Year Wranglers on a S-10 Blazer in the 80's that felt the same way. Replacing the tires on both machines greatly improved the handling.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
its semi-solid feeling and wiggly. I had a set of Good Year Wranglers on a S-10 Blazer in the 80's that felt the same way.

I know exactly what you mean. Compared to a set of BFG's, Wranglers always felt like riding on balloons, soft and spungie.
As for riding in sugar sand, a rounder profile tire has more flotation and will do better in sand and snow. Square profile tires are usually flat, hard, heavy and dig. Witnessed it first hand at the scramble area in St Helen, @Remington was there too. Two P5's, mine with BH 2.0's and the other with brand new Rip Saws. He tried the hill several times and never made it, I got to the top on the first run. 🤷‍♂️

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Two P5's, mine with BH 2.0's and the other with brand new Rip Saws. He tried the hill several times and never made it, I got to the top on the first run. 🤷‍♂️
Yup! Ole “DELETED MEMBER PH”
had a canary and was about in tears when his P5 couldn't make it some of it was operator error imo🤣 man that was fun!
It was the first of many meltdowns of ole DMPH I witnessed

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!