BOX1

Venison Chili

R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got about 300# of deer and the wife & kids really don't like deer So........ I'm finding new ways to prepare dear meat. I absolutely love it. It's probably the most healthy way to go. I posted my recipe below. Please chime in on how you prepare venison chili.

FYI: I'm a terrible cook but this worked out really well.

IMG 20230109 124435044

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use hot rotel, tomato sauce, hot taco seasoning, black beans, light red kidney beans, can corn, ranch seasoning. I might be forgetting something. Usually eat it with some tortilla chips 👍

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4
We have most of our deer meat ground except for tenderloin/backstraps of course. We use it for taco soup and chili but also baked spaghetti and lasagna. Basically use it everywhere in place of burger.

When Aiden was little we would have to lie to him and say beef was deer meat so he would eat it:D

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I got about 300# of deer and the wife & kids really don't like deer So........ I'm finding new ways to prepare dear meat. I absolutely love it. It's probably the most healthy way to go. I posted my recipe below. Please chime in on how you prepare venison chili.

FYI: I'm a terrible cook but this worked out really well.

View attachment 370898
I’m a keep it simple cook. Tabasco makes a chili starter (it comes in a glass jar) mild or hot. I use 2-3 lbs meat brown it add 2 jars chili starter and 2 cans of chili beans. Put in the crock pot for at least a couple of hours ( the longer the better) We have won trophies and blue ribbons at the local chili cook off fundraisers. What they don’t know don’t hurt em😂

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am pretty flexible on chili. Hardly ever meet one I won’t go back for seconds (or thirds). I don’t even use a recipe, I just use whatever is on hand. I do like a combination of ground meat and cubed cuts for variety in texture. Lots of chiles; fresh/dried/ground depends on availability. Onion, tomato, garlic, beans (sorry Texans, I’ll eat it with or without). Brown your meat in bacon grease for some extra flavor (and don’t toss the fat afterwards either). Then toss in the onions and brown those a little too.

Hmmm, time to start making dinner plans. 🍽️

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We make tons of venison chili, stew and Ah La backstrap like @Bad_bowtie does of corse. Also use Rotel like @WagginTail does. Usually we experiment and add doffernt stuff, ketchup, mustard, Hot sauce and Worcestershire
sauce. Lots of different things.

You know how Worcestershire sauce got its name? These 2 cowboys one black and one white wayyyy back in the old west stopped by a saloon and got a stake, asked for some sauce, the cook had made this stuff and couldn't think of a name for it yet. One of the cowboys (u can guess who) put it on his stake, took a bite looked at the bottle and said….
“WhatsThisHere sauce?” 😂 🥳

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!