Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
How does your P500 do? Any ideas? Voltage fluctuations above 16v. Just had to replace battery and noticed because radio cuts out on voltage spike. Video of voltage during idle. At higher RPM, voltage constant around 14.3v. Heard rectifier failure is rare on these.

ToolmanJohn

ToolmanJohn

Mar 20, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
How does your P500 do? Any ideas? Voltage fluctuations above 16v. Just had to replace battery and noticed because radio cuts out on voltage spike. Video of voltage during idle. At higher RPM, voltage constant around 14.3v. Heard rectifier failure is rare on these.
I have dual batteries on mine with each hooked up to a separate voltmeter: both batteries fluctuate between 13.9 and 14.3 - I've never noticed a spike above that range.

Hope this helps.

John

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
P500 fixed with new Honda OEM voltage regulator/rectifier at 1900 miles. First fix attempt with an Madhormets.com aftermarket unit was a bust as the (UP2 brand) unit was defective.

Reactions: 70Bones and Mudwing