P1000 Voltage with dual isolated batteries

M

Medic828

Sep 7, 2020
Central Ky.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the dual battery using the tru isolator kit. When first starting the unit the main battery voltage will bump up to 14.3v as it should, the acc. battery voltage will then jump to 14.3v as it should. My question is, when I turn on all led lights I installed, the voltages for both batteries will drop and read 13.7, is this normal or should only the secondary voltage drop?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I installed the dual battery using the tru isolator kit. When first starting the unit the main battery voltage will bump up to 14.3v as it should, the acc. battery voltage will then jump to 14.3v as it should. My question is, when I turn on all led lights I installed, the voltages for both batteries will drop and read 13.7, is this normal or should only the secondary voltage drop?
Normal

M

Medic828

Sep 7, 2020
Central Ky.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I couldn't see how it would be abnormal, but wanted to confirm for peace of mind.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!