alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I suspect this task is too sensitive for an individual to jump on giving the implications of safety afterwards. As a suggestion, you might visit with a local fabricator in the metal business and see if they are willing to consider the modification.... If you get this done, I'm confident many here, including myself would like to see the finished product...

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
SAFETY????

He said he would buy the beer!

Can't hurt to ask but I think you will find that this requires a lot of skill. And that skill comes at a premium. And.... It's likely to take more than one day to complete.

If you lived near me I would help (mostly for the fun of it). But my skills are mediocre at best. And I don't know much about bending tubing.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I concur, the task will be technical in nature.

slingshot48

slingshot48

Go Gators!!
Lifetime Member
Jul 22, 2018
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
There have been a few that have adventured down this path with great success....Some have posted glorious pictures!

Safety schmafety!!

Local fabs won't have the same passion as a fellow Pioneererer to do the job "right". IMO

It should take a complete day to knock out with focus and drive and limited beer consumption....

Larger beer consumption will come after when testing the durability of the welds!!!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was just a few weekends away from chopping my wifes P7-4 cage and we ended up trading it for a P1000-5, so I dont have to worry about it anymore. However, when I was studying up on the cage chopping subject, looking up how people chopped their P7 cages and stuff I came across some great examples on here and the internet from a few different places. I dont know how to do the 'link' stuff or I'd show you a link. I chopped my P5 cage a few years ago and it wasnt too hard. I imagine a P700-4 though would be more involved. Remember to put a jack under the machine and put a little bit of 'up' pressure on the frame rails so the machine doesnt 'sag' when you cut through the tubing. Cut out the desired amount, probably around 6", and sleeve the tubes. Drill holes in the tubes on both sides of the chop for plug welds to hold the internal sleeve. I have a cage chop thread on here for when I did my P5, a P7 would be more complicated Im sure, but its the same principal. Im confident you can handle it.. ;)

slingshot48

slingshot48

Go Gators!!
Lifetime Member
Jul 22, 2018
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I can def do the cutting!! Lol....I just have zero experience in welding...I’m ultimately trying to make my pioneer my own...I’m trying to convince myself I don’t need a Talon!!!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can def do the cutting!! Lol....I just have zero experience in welding...I’m ultimately trying to make my pioneer my own...I’m trying to convince myself I don’t need a Talon!!!
So if nobody could help you chop the top, would that push you into getting a Talon?! It could be a good thing to get no help! Lol

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
advertisement
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
There may be other areas to customize the 700 to make your own. Just keep in mind, engineers were involved in designing the ROPS systems….

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I originally wanted to chop my top as well but over the years I got used to it. I raised all my door openings to fit it. But the chop does look good on the 700.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There are some great fabricators that live within reason to you so hopefully someone pops up.
I applaud you for not taking it apon yourself to attempt the welding portion yourself without lots of previous experience as it’s the wrong place to learn but I would believe any shop with a good welder could probably be trusted, most people in the trade professionally would take pride in their work. Don’t trust just anyone with a welder and make sure they plug weld at least a couple holes each side and sleeve it.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
There are some great fabricators that live within reason to you so hopefully someone pops up.
I applaud you for not taking it apon yourself to attempt the welding portion yourself without lots of previous experience as it’s the wrong place to learn but I would believe any shop with a good welder could probably be trusted, most people in the trade professionally would take pride in their work. Don’t trust just anyone with a welder and make sure they plug weld at least a couple holes each side and sleeve it.
We can post pics for him soon when we get to chopping mine ;)

slingshot48

slingshot48

Go Gators!!
Lifetime Member
Jul 22, 2018
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
what about meeeeeee......? still need a volunteer....Jackal?

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
anyone want to chop my 700-4 top? I'll buy beer and offer non-expert advise on how to do it properly!! Gotta live close by though....East TN!
If you want to travel to mid to South Georgia let me know! Iv got a good friend that will do it for you or just build you a brand new one. It will probably cost you a little bit more than just some cold brews though

slingshot48

slingshot48

Go Gators!!
Lifetime Member
Jul 22, 2018
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you want to travel to mid to South Georgia let me know! Iv got a good friend that will do it for you or just build you a brand new one. It will probably cost you a little bit more than just some cold brews though

Possibly a sandwich??

What town?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!