Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Glad someone is getting 2022 models. I have been waiting for a 2022 Talon X Live Valve and my dealer cannot get a committment or if or when it will be on his incoming inventory list. Glad someone is seeing product coming out of Columbia. Congratulations.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad someone is getting 2022 models. I have been waiting for a 2022 Talon X Live Valve and my dealer cannot get a committment or if or when it will be on his incoming inventory list. Glad someone is seeing product coming out of Columbia. Congratulations.
I was on "the list"since November, I'm happy the wait is almost over

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
look what followed me home today!

More pics to follow
IMG 7626

1Wallygator

Aug 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I made my first call to the Honda dealer yesterday and he told me the same as what you’re being told. I asked him if I should shop around to find one. He told me yes. Plus he told me they have no issue working on machines bought at other dealers. I had told him I would be getting the extended warranty.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I made my first call to the Honda dealer yesterday and he told me the same as what you’re being told. I asked him if I should shop around to find one. He told me yes. Plus he told me they have no issue working on machines bought at other dealers. I had told him I would be getting the extended warranty.
I understahd. The point is that since you are paying your hard-earned dollars, you should not have to "shop around" to get what you want. Why can't your local Honda dealership "shop around" to other dealers to help you (us) out. It is ironic that some competitors are already talking about 2023 and Honda Powersports is struggling with 2022 Talon models. I understand that COVID has impacted on us all, so why can't the local dealerships get creative in helping their customers with solutions. Just my thoughts.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I understahd. The point is that since you are paying your hard-earned dollars, you should not have to "shop around" to get what you want. Why can't your local Honda dealership "shop around" to other dealers to help you (us) out. It is ironic that some competitors are already talking about 2023 and Honda Powersports is struggling with 2022 Talon models. I understand that COVID has impacted on us all, so why can't the local dealerships get creative in helping their customers with solutions. Just my thoughts.
Good point

Reactions: Rayger143
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As an FYI - last week I saw a Talon 4 and a P1K5 LE on the lot of Karl Malone Powersports in Heber, Utah.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks StewB for the comment.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4

Same here. My X4LV was supposed to be here by the end of July, now they are saying end of August. I expect it to get pushed out again. Honestly wouldn't hurt my feelings if they rolled it into the '23 model year with the fixed power steering problem.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bad Bowtie you are exactly right. My opinion is why would anyone buy a 2022 in August when the 2023s will be announced soon. The only problem that I know of is production lag. Will they still be shipping 2022 in 2023 etc? I just do not know. Just my thoughts. Let me know if you get your 2022. I have a bunch of 2021 Honda Talon X Live Wire parts (trail armor, Warn bumper, SuperATv back window -= all new in the box never been used or taken out of the box) that I will need to sell if I cannot get a Talon X.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4
Bad Bowtie you are exactly right. My opinion is why would anyone buy a 2022 in August when the 2023s will be announced soon. The only problem that I know of is production lag. Will they still be shipping 2022 in 2023 etc? I just do not know. Just my thoughts. Let me know if you get your 2022. I have a bunch of 2021 Honda Talon X Live Wire parts (trail armor, Warn bumper, SuperATv back window -= all new in the box never been used or taken out of the box) that I will need to sell if I cannot get a Talon X.
I'm in the same boat with parts. I've got skid plate, frame stiffener, A arms, radius rods, back window, snorkel/pre-filter, AJK packout plate, plus some little stuff already. I'm kinda committed now 🤣

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the note. I understand completely. I thought I could get parts (when they went on sale over time) before my Talon arrived. So now I have new-in-the-box parts and no Talon.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
they all simply don't know whats coming or when its coming, same with cars\trucks - Ford tells customer new truck is at dealer, customer calls dealer - dealer hasn't received it, dealers generally don't hide new rides that were ordered. then at some point the truck carrier shows up.

most dealers have customers with money down, waiting list, etc. - right now - maybe someone gets lucky because original customer found a used one, ran out of patience\interest, ran out of money, etc....so you may be next

the delears won't give machines up to other dealers as there is zero incentive because floor plan costs are nada, since the machine moves immediately is my hunch - besides the profit on the sale

the supply chain is so f'ed up, it can be a $5 widget that is holding up hundreds of trucks\cars\sxs.

we can't get PLC cards, hydraulic pumps at work for months, basic 4 cylinder cummins diesels are being quoted at 24 weeks - and thats a maybe - actual ship date may be different than promised ship date

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As an FYI - last week I saw a Talon 4 and a P1K5 LE on the lot of Karl Malone Powersports in Heber, Utah.
A follow up here. I'll personally arrange your VIP meeting with the dealer where you might be able to purchase a Talon 4 (subject to availability, terms and financing) for a $1,000 flat fee.*

* Flat fee will be waived if you never contact me. This actually started as a Pioneer issue, but I didn't see a Pioneer today.
Maybe someone can thread it over to the Talon folks.

Last edited:
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
DRZRon1, my dealer won't even take money done for a future shipment. As of yesterday, he said no 2022 Talon's are on his dealer delivery list through October. They get updates once a weekj. Many potential Honda customers are buying Kawasaki KRX1000's in my area. Kinda wonder if 2023 is going to be like 2022 shipments.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
honest dealer, they don't know and no bs.

IMO if that matters- there are so many used under 1000 mile talon machines available in Eastern PA and area at reasonable reasonable prices, why not go used and avoid dealer top dog pricing, its a Honda, isave some cash.

hell, I live in Eastern PA and I sold my P1000 on c-list a few years back to a gentleman who drove 8 hours from WV!!!!

R

rynordru

Aug 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I placed my deposit on a Pioneer 1000-3 Trail in April. Original ship date was May 31st, then it was August 31st. Dealership just called me to say it is now Nov 29th. Why even release new model info if you can’t deliver the product?