People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I'm not one to talk bad about anyone unless I feel I was wronged or not treated fairly and in this case, I feel I was. I joined this forum because of the comradery of all things Honda Pioneer and the owners to use them everyday. Its one of the best forums I've ever been a part of. Due to the recent explosion of interest in the aftermarket shocks for the P5 I was really excited about trying them out. Several members here indicated they had received forum discounts from WE for shocks and I've never once seen a post stating a discount code or anything from WE. It was indicated to me to mention the Hondasxs.com forum for the special price on the shocks and Chris @WE told me that they don't offer this discount anymore! So they offer discount pricing in January, end of February but not 8 days later in March? My complaint is why offer a discount to someone one day but not the next? Especially when no discount code was ever mentioned or offered? We are all a tightnit bunch of enthusiasts and I feel like I was wronged!! I'd say the majority of people that will be buying shocks for their P5 are going to be from these forums!!! If the people at WE can show favoritism to one person out the large group but not everyone its a BAD WAY to do business!

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am not sure,does Fox offer a shock?

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
Screenshot 20180310 123138
just got mine on last weekend

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not one to talk bad about anyone unless I feel I was wronged or not treated fairly and in this case, I feel I was. I joined this forum because of the comradery of all things Honda Pioneer and the owners to use them everyday. Its one of the best forums I've ever been a part of. Due to the recent explosion of interest in the aftermarket shocks for the P5 I was really excited about trying them out. Several members here indicated they had received forum discounts from WE for shocks and I've never once seen a post stating a discount code or anything from WE. It was indicated to me to mention the Hondasxs.com forum for the special price on the shocks and Chris @WE told me that they don't offer this discount anymore! So they offer discount pricing in January, end of February but not 8 days later in March? My complaint is why offer a discount to someone one day but not the next? Especially when no discount code was ever mentioned or offered? We are all a tightnit bunch of enthusiasts and I feel like I was wronged!! I'd say the majority of people that will be buying shocks for their P5 are going to be from these forums!!! If the people at WE can show favoritism to one person out the large group but not everyone its a BAD WAY to do business!
Are we talking about the Pioneer 500 or the P1k5?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe see if you can get someone else on the phone. I was in Northern Tool the other day to buy E-track. Their price was 25% higher than amazon shipped to my door. A worker told me " you just missed the 25% off sale we had over the weekend". I explained my situation and asked the worker if they would give me the 25% off? After all that was the price 2 days ago ....Nope they won't. So off to amazon I went. It arrived in 2 days and all was well.

Many people fail to understand business and fail to understand how something small and simple can earn a long term customer. They just blindly follow a set of rules and never think outside the box.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe see if you can get someone else on the phone. I was in Northern Tool the other day to buy E-track. Their price was 25% higher than amazon shipped to my door. A worker told me " you just missed the 25% off sale we had over the weekend". I explained my situation and asked the worker if they would give me the 25% off? After all that was the price 2 days ago ....Nope they won't. So off to amazon I went. It arrived in 2 days and all was well.

Many people fail to understand business and fail to understand how something small and simple can earn a long term customer. They just blindly follow a set of rules and never think outside the box.

The flip side to this is, you have been telling a customer a discount will go away or there will be a price increase. (You have either told them why or not doesn’t matter) in my case they have had months to prepare and my quote to them has an expiration date. They wait till it’s too late for me to get a discount and pass it along or until my price has increased due to reason X.

If it were a one off thing that’s different but what if every store in NA gave the 25% off. That is a lot of lost revenue. As a CEO is responsible to shareholders to meet a certain $figure. There have to be rules passed down. It sucks for you and me as consumers to miss something by a day or two, but rules are rules, sometimes they are there for an important reason. Take a win when you get the chance to bend one. Don’t expect them to always bend to your will.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The flip side to this is, you have been telling a customer a discount will go away or there will be a price increase. (You have either told them why or not doesn’t matter) in my case they have had months to prepare and my quote to them has an expiration date. They wait till it’s too late for me to get a discount and pass it along or until my price has increased due to reason X.

If it were a one off thing that’s different but what if every store in NA gave the 25% off. That is a lot of lost revenue. As a CEO is responsible to shareholders to meet a certain $figure. There have to be rules passed down. It sucks for you and me as consumers to miss something by a day or two, but rules are rules, sometimes they are there for an important reason. Take a win when you get the chance to bend one. Don’t expect them to always bend to your will.[/QUO

You're not wrong. There has to be a stopping point. Not all rules can be bent and businesses have to make money. I also know how insane the margins are on

I understand both sides. Most times in my case at the store it's a one off kind of deal. Quotes have a limit, I get that. I give construction quotes and they have a time limit. Material prices change and I can't honor prices for extended periods.

I'm just a salesman at heart and I'm always looking for a better way. I also know a stores cost on a lot of the things I like to buy. Margins in the sporting goods world are insane. But at the end of the day I know there are things I can and can't get away with. I don't hold it against them if it doesn't always work.

Reactions: ohanacreek
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I’m a small biz owner of a third generation 60 year old family business still owned and ran by my brother and I... we are still around in this day and age because of word of mouth, customer satisfaction and treating our customers equally!! If I discount something to someone, I’ll honor it to everyone that mentions it! I don’t pick and choose who gets a discount and who doesn’t like WE did! So I chalk it up to experience, learn from it and lead by example...stay humble and kind! Not everyone believes in karma!

Reactions: hondabob64
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
As soon as Honda releases it’s sport sxs I’ll sell you my WE shocks:) I wouldn’t hold your breath for too long though.

Although better than stock. If I were to do it again i would try the one of the other options on here and save some money.

P500 - p5 suspension

J

Jack_Burton

Dec 15, 2018
Stoddard Valley
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone else researched what other shocks are compatible with the p500?

For example, on my Harley Street Bob, I put Triumph shocks on it and they work better than the Progressives I had put on.(I am not a Progressive fan) I think they are garbage IMHO.

There must be some bolt on shocks that are compatible. I am not going to start welding and Franken-modding my p500. I would prefer to just use bolt on mods. (Not hating on the guys who do the crazy-wazoo mods, either)

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m a small biz owner of a third generation 60 year old family business still owned and ran by my brother and I
That’s very cool JSPEED!!! :cool:

Reactions: GRANITE
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Has anyone else researched what other shocks are compatible with the p500?

For example, on my Harley Street Bob, I put Triumph shocks on it and they work better than the Progressives I had put on.(I am not a Progressive fan) I think they are garbage IMHO.

There must be some bolt on shocks that are compatible. I am not going to start welding and Franken-modding my p500. I would prefer to just use bolt on mods. (Not hating on the guys who do the crazy-wazoo mods, either)
There’s some guys running double airshocks on the front!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
But I think those dudes are welding mods to the p500, I am trying to stick with just bolt on mods.
When I was talking to @JWB about the double airshocks, everything was bolted. I would reach out to him for details..

Reactions: Remington
B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

I just ordered 4 WE shocks about a month ago via telephone. They asked how I learned about them and I said from the Appalachian Mountain Riders that did a lot of videos on them to include testing. They said I just earned a $50 discount per shock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!