Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Walker Evans Racing now has shocks for the Pioneer 1000.

Honda Pioneer 1000 Piggyback/Rem Res Shocks - Walker Evans Racing

Honda pioneer 1000 replacement shocks

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Almost 2000 bucks is a little more than I am willing to spit out until I hear about some real-world reviews.

Reactions: Tot
D

Dasmoeturhead

Man, those are nice! Maybe if I win the lottery I'll order a set.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I'm thinking Hondasxs can offer these as a prize on one of the monthly contests:). I'm sure they would donate a set for the amount of attention and reviews they would get on this forum;)
Or maybe they could help sponsor next year's Pioneer takeover and have a couple Pioneers set up for test rides with them.

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking Hondasxs can offer these as a prize on one of the monthly contests:). I'm sure they would donate a set for the amount of attention and reviews they would get on this forum;)
Mine aren't shipping now until Monday. I'm really anxious to see how much this can be optimized.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Any word on how these are working? I'm anxious as I've got a set of Fox that I bought for our 700 (they're still in the box) and now would like to upgrade the shocks on our 1000.
I will be installing a set Monday and running them around the local field. July 5th I will have them on the trail.
Cant wait.

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had my shocks on for about two weeks. Noticeably better ride immediately. Mine are adjusted about halfway but I'm going to soften them up more for this weekends ride. No comparison to the stock shocks.

Front Shock side view Front shock Rear shock

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anyone try just the front yet?

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would really like to upgrade the shocks, but so far the reviews on these are very limited. I am waiting for someone to be "blown away" or at least moderately exited that they spent $2,000 on these before I make the decision to buy. For that kind of money these shocks should be game changing, and people that have purchased them should be on here ranting and raving about them if they are that good. I think any aftermarket shock should improve the ride, but these should take it to a whole new level if they do what they are supposed to. " wonderful. Worked great. Absolutely zero bottoming out." and " No comparison to the stock shocks." are the only reviews I could find on these for now as they are so new. Hopefully these will be great shocks, but I am holding out until someone can convince me these are worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I would really like to upgrade the shocks, but so far the reviews on these are very limited. I am waiting for someone to be "blown away" or at least moderately exited that they spent $2,000 on these before I make the decision to buy. For that kind of money these shocks should be game changing, and people that have purchased them should be on here ranting and raving about them if they are that good. I think any aftermarket shock should improve the ride, but these should take it to a whole new level if they do what they are supposed to. " wonderful. Worked great. Absolutely zero bottoming out. and " No comparison to the stock shocks." are the only reviews I could find on these for now as they are so new. Hopefully these will be great shocks, but I am holding out until someone can convince me these are worth it.
I'm working on it... lol. Just spent 2 days on them. Give me a week to process it all and I'll have a review.

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm working on it... lol. Just spent 2 days on them. Give me a week to process it all and I'll have a review.
There you go, out wasting your time riding, while you could be f-ing off at work like I am typing on a computer;)

Thank you! I wasn't tying to bag on anyone, just seeking more info on a big purchase. I am ok with spending the money, as I believe suspension is the single most important component on an off road machine. I just don't want to make a mistake, and I am OK with waiting for another shock to come to market if these aren't the ticket.

straycat

straycat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 28, 2016
rocky point nc
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!