P500 Walker Evans shocks

TBea

TBea

Supporting Member
Dec 6, 2020
So. Cal.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm waiting for my W.E. shocks. Looking forward to them. The power steering unit is a must. Love it. When my W.E. shocks come in I'll mount torque locker at the same time. 520 perfect rig for my location, steep, sandy, rocky, Mountains to high desert. It's not a Baja racer. but perfect for our 50" trails.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Sounds like a great start with all of the parts you are adding

Reactions: Smitty335
Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Just ordered the front W.E. shocks. I called in, they are great to work with. W.E. answered all my questions and NO pressure to buy the rear. He did stress the shocks would take along time to build. At this time they do not have all the parts needed to build them. I forgot how many weeks he said it would be, if I get them before May I will be happy.

TBea

TBea

Supporting Member
Dec 6, 2020
So. Cal.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i'm still waiting on my W.E. shocks. Ordered them in 1st of August 2021. I inquired via customer service email.
My next move is to mount a glove box, W.E. shocks, spare tire mount & tire on roof, torque locker. But my rigs is inside a storage container at camp, buried in snow. The 520 is perfect for our scene here in California on 50" width trails. Happy New Year.

S

skinnyman

May 22, 2020
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just ordered the front W.E. shocks. I called in, they are great to work with. W.E. answered all my questions and NO pressure to buy the rear. He did stress the shocks would take along time to build. At this time they do not have all the parts needed to build them. I forgot how many weeks he said it would be, if I get them before May I will be happy.
I hope the parts are not sitting out in the ocean in a big container.

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Just got the front shocks today. It will be sometime in April when they will be installed.

B8E51729 581B 487B A39F 94DABC359102

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Any word on how all these new shocks with stock tires are riding? Are they super plush??
Baaaa ha ha . I have stage 2 WE shocks on my Pioneer 500 and they are a huge improvement over stock shocks .Super plush ?
I have Weller Racing suspension on my Talon , WOW , huge improvement over stock . Plush ?
I guess plush is a relative term . I wouldn't call either of them plush .
Worth the $$$$$ , again relative . IMHO YES WELL WORTH THE $

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
No idea about running them with stock tires, but I wouldn't consider them plush. They are a pretty good improvement over stock, however. I'm still messing around with the settings on mine, but they seem to work better the harder you run them.

We seemed to notice that they allow for a bit more articulation than the stockers as well. Off-camber rutty transitions seemed easier than I remember when stock. It had a tendency to flex over these areas versus teetering on 2 wheels with the stock shocks.

If you crank the low speed compression damping way down, it might allow for a softer ride, but not in Tennessee where I just tested them.